The new WICKED BC is coming soon....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its a bit of both.
Anybody who has been to Zephyrhills will have seen the quantities of BCs being cut from rolls of material and sewn together right there in a room that has more sewing machines than I will ever see again in my life.

Yeah there are runs of assembles that come from over seas but I would still call this an American operation.

VERY glad to see that it is made in the USA. Have you decided to switch all your BC's back to the USA? Kinda figure not but it is worth the ask.

Wally -

About 50% of all the BCs we sell are made in Zephyrhills. The remainder are made in China.

Scott

Last edited:
As much as I love my Express the pre stressed/ distressed look is like paying 100 bucks for jeans that look dirty with holes in em. And I'd like to see someone justify paying that much for a BC.

Different strokes for different folks, Jim!!! :D

One of my kids loves those distressed jeans, shirts and hats...and another likes those "skinny jeans" that some skaters are wearing. Both cost more than the pair of regular old Levi's that I like, but that is the "style" now....you or I don't have to love it, but if it draws some youngsters into the sport, what's the big deal?? Sure, it is a little more pricey that the Ranger BC, but it is also something that takes a lot more effort to make...and everyone won't have it. To many people today, that is worth the extra money.

We fully realize that this BC isn't for everyone, and that's kind of the point.

:cool2:

As always, I appreciate the fact that you guys even care enough to be involved in the conversation!!!

Scott

What Jim said.....
And yes, Scott it is a great BC. And I hope zeagle has great success as all of your products
are high quality. But maybe some of your effort and top notch research should be tilted towards a more technical and simplistic sort of BC. I believe Zeagle could have a major impact
on the scuba market if they were to concentrate on Hogarthian type equipment,rather than
Great looking products. This is in no way a criticism of Zeagle and your products. I just
think the future leans more toward streamlined and simpler configurations ie. BP/W
Just an opinion Scott.
PORBEAGLE

We are always open to suggestions, so if you have some ideas, feel free to drop me a PM or an email and I will be happy to take a look at it!! Despite the apparently huge BP/W crowd online, we are still selling a ton of BCs...but we are not opposed in getting more into that market. :)

Thanks.

We are always open to suggestions, so if you have some ideas, feel free to drop me a PM or an email and I will be happy to take a look at it!! Despite the apparently huge BP/W crowd online, we are still selling a ton of BCs...but we are not opposed in getting more into that market. :)

Thanks.

How about a BC that takes a removable back plate, so you can dive both ways with one BC. For example for travel you can remove the back plate.

Adam

The only times (very few) that I bring up the off shore issues is when something has been misstated. Or in this case, I questioned it as I was nicely surprised with seeing that the Wicked is being made in the USA. I have never gone out of my way to state anything negative about Zeagle. The ONLY thing that I have ever said negative about Zeagle is the over seas issue.

Why do I keep coming back to this issue? Plain and simple, one of the main reasons that I bought Zeagle gear is because it was made in the USA. I understand the reasoning behind moving what I now know is only part of your BC production over seas. It doesn't make it any easier to swallow. I guess I try to hard to see that my fellow American has a job.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a BC that takes a removable back plate, so you can dive both ways with one BC. For example for travel you can remove the back plate.

Adam
If I am understanding you correctly you can do this with at least some of Zeagles BC's. You can also take a Zeagle wing off a BC and put it on a Zeagle plate. Though switching it back and forth takes a bit of time compared to other wings for a BP. The wing is held to the plate with bolts, no big deal just a bit of time.

Scott, how about a panel that would allow us plate users to more easily switch wings on our Zeagle plates?

OK, we have gone way off topic here...

This thread is about the WICKED BC...love it or hate it. :)

I'm gonna do some thread cleaning up tomorrow (if I remember) to keep this on topic - but you guys are more than welcome to start a "product suggestion" thread!!!

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom