The no fly DAY-OFF: how do you spend it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mad:
A couple of weeks ago in Sharm I went to meet the Beduins! it was fantastic!!

I've did this the last time I was in Hurgahda. They called it a desert Safari, with dinner, singing and dancing under the stars...I agree, a fantastic experience!

Relaxing, shopping, washing up the gear,
that's what I usually do.

Going around to see local attraction is a good idea too, although it seemed that I'd never had enough time, I used more than half of 24 hours for sleeping and having looong breakfast and loooong dinner. Two hours for airport journey, preparation etc.
Left me a bit for local shopping, another loooooooooong meal and swimming pool session.
Swimming with mask (fold the nose part), and when I came back to city, I swam in swimming pool with googles and tried to clear the fog by letting the water went in from google top and blew the nose useless.

WARNING - THREAD HIJACK!!!!

Sioux
I've just noticed that the link in your signature (www.fotki.com) is - as a matter of fact - Polish webpage. Any particular reason?

Mania

I don't drink during the dive week as it tends to make my sinuses run muck so the night after our last dive we go out on the town and spend the last day recovering by the beach/pool.

The last time I was in Key Largo we drove to Key West which was a mistake, hangover plus excruciating heat and the smell of booze on the streets did not mix well.

shark_tamer:
Hit the beach .... get some sun ... and go snorkeling !!!

My sentiments exactly!

Tavi:
What no fly day off??
I go out for a two tank dive friday morning. We're out of the water by noon.
Saturday after 12 noon it's been over 24 hrs. I'm safe to fly.

Yep. Diving done (out of the water) by noon on the day before we fly, and then we catch a plane the next day that leaves around noon. :crafty:

I spend my no-dive day on the beach or in the water swimming around. It's not a bad day just different.

1. Take (1) glass and fill with ice.
2. Pour in about half a glass-full of Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum, or Brugal Anejo
3. Top the glass off with some Coke or Diet Coke
4. Go find some hotties :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom