The Official "I Hate Cold Fronts" Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have mistakenly called many dives during Fall, Winer and Spring due to bad forecasts over the last few years living in LBTS. Then again, it works the other way too!

Wind direction is usually the best predictor of good shore diving conditions after Summer IME.

I know this is of little help unless the beach is nearby. We need a shore diver's weather report!

Up here on the Northern Gulf of Mex, I use webcams to check out conditions before committing on heading to the beach for a dive.

Apart from the little hiccups with a few conditions, i generally love winter here, its the time of year you can get out and do things without frying. I have only been here 5 years and whilst my blood has thinned that i need to wear a sweater when it gets below 50, it doesnt get all that cold here - we even fly up to NY to see relatives and go skiing. Apart from the short days, the weather is great for kayaking, biking, hiking, camping, spring diving and such!! I only shore dive or boat dive in the summer as that heat doesnt seem quite so apparant with the sea breeze.

We went to dive Devil's Den and Blue Grotto this weekend because of the sea conditions. I hope we can dive in the ocean next weekend. I'm getting withdrawl symptoms!

If anyone decides to form an anti cold front opposition army, I'd happily enlist. I try not to go north of Tampa in the winter.

Guys and dolls,

Ya need another hobby - the kind that thrives in cold weather. Me, I LOVE cold fronts - it clears out the skies. In my book, this current front is timed perfectly - screw up a few weekdays and be cool and clear (skies) for the weekend. PERFECT!

Too cold to dive? Do something else! Our little astronomy club will be at Withlacoochee River Park this weekend. If any of you are in the area, swing by and take peek through some of our telescopes. If you show up after dark, please kill the headlights before pulling onto the field (parking lights will work fine once you give your eyes a few mins to adjust).

Finally the wind is starting to blow from the SE. It was nice not to run the ac for awhile but my boat and tanks are a calling

ffestpirate:
If anyone decides to form an anti cold front opposition army, I'd happily enlist. I try not to go north of Tampa in the winter.

I'm happily working on going south for winters :D

ffestpirate:
I try not to go north of Tampa in the winter.

I'm such a wimp that I try not to go north of Hillsboro Inlet in the winter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom