The Romance and City of Salisbury-diver experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for the Romance, keep your eyes open. My buddy and I each found old clay pipes on the bottom right near the wreck, and a small bed of sea scallops too!

I have a piece of a plate I found there. Next time I'm looking for those pipes.

Next time I'm looking for those pipes.

Here's a visual aide:
27115118_9651a9422c.jpg

As for the Romance, keep your eyes open. My buddy and I each found old clay pipes on the bottom right near the wreck, and a small bed of sea scallops too!

We've got to go back there, Matt. I haven't dove there since we found those clay pipes. I sense another BHDC charter coming up....

LobstaMan

Here's a link to the video I shot on the bow section of the City of Salisbury on saturday. The sea state was a little "snotty", so we opted to do dive two in a more protected location instead of on the CoS stern section. Fortunately, my UK HID100 was cooperating, so this year's bow video has much more detail than the greeninsh shapes and dark blobs I filmed last year. Enjoy.

Nice video Matt. I am going to be on the bow again tomorrow hopefully the viz has held up. See you soon, hopefully the seas are a bit calmer then. Capt. Pat.

Yeah, the vis on that second dive actually was pretty good. The first dive, though, was easily the best dive I've done all year. In water conditions were great, even if it was a bit ugly topside. Had a great time with BHDC as usual.

Yeah, the vis on that second dive actually was pretty good. The first dive, though, was easily the best dive I've done all year. In water conditions were great, even if it was a bit ugly topside. Had a great time with BHDC as usual.

The CoS bow was certainly an excellent dive despite the rotten topside conditions. Matt and I ran a reel from the anchor line and located the very tip of the wreck's bow pointing up toward the surface and rising 15+ feet off the bottom. You would think the viz would have sucked given the NE wind, rain and choppy seas, but it didn't Viz was quite good. I have yet to figure out to predict viz. Jim and Pat ran a great charter as usual despite some technical difficulties with the engines and the crappy weather. See you out there.

LobstaMan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom