The Swine Flu thing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

um, no she just said it today. Did you know all this before she did? :D

"The measures we have taken, and above all the public's reaction, have led to an improvement," Mexico City Mayor Marcelo Ebrard said at a news conference.

"But I insist that the virus is still present, that we need to remain on alert, and the resumption of activities will be little by little, not all at once."

WHO and CDC reports as well as numerous statements by other medical professionals have been mentioning this for several days - but you wouldn't see that info if you're cherry picking through only to find the doom and gloom!

BTW - if you're going to quote someone, you should cite your source!

I don't remember what the actual wording that he used was, but the upshot is that we no longer have a flight and all the other flights direct to Coz are extremely oversold so we couldn't get on any of those, either. Our best shot is going to be flying in and out of Cancun. Not optimal, but if we can make it work, that's what we'll do. Next flights that they had in/out of Coz for us were early June, but that's a non-player due to time constraints...

Well hat doens't make sense...if they cannot re accommodate the passengers they have, then it's time for them to open up another flight! :) That tells me that not everyone is afraid of getting the flu!

Sweetie, you're the Queen of cherry picking things that help your business.:wink: Read below, that is why we urged extra caution. And, yes, we did not want YOU to get sick either.:blinking:

"In 1918, the Spanish flu showed a surge in the spring and then disappeared in the summer months, only to return in the autumn of 1918 with a vengeance," WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl said Sunday. "And we know that that eventually killed 40 million to 50 million people

WHO and CDC reports as well as numerous statements by other medical professionals have been mentioning this for several days - but you wouldn't see that info if you're cherry picking through only to find the doom and gloom!

BTW - if you're going to quote someone, you should cite your source!

Thank You Very Much:D

There are a couple of seats open on this, if you hurry...

1fiwpx.jpg

Current cases of swine flu stands at about 1000 people. The overall fatality rate of swine flu so far has been fairly low, with most people not even being put in the hospital.

The rough average amount of people struck by lighting yearly is 1190.

Yeah I would say the odds of getting swine flu are pretty low.

There are a couple of seats open on this, if you hurry...

Thanks Don - just did the search and they don't show up. The only flights that are showing up are flying through Detroit, etc., and then back to Houston, then CZM, arriving the next day.

This sucks.

Edit: just realized that your post was thru Cancun. That flight's booked now, too, though. My original flight suddenly showed back up on their website as available, but when I called, they said "Nope, it may show up, but it's been canceled". They can reschedule us through Cancun, but we've got to change the date by a day or two. That's do-able, but I'm waiting to hear back from dive op/hotel to see if that works for them.

Last edited:
Well hat doens't make sense...if they cannot re accommodate the passengers they have, then it's time for them to open up another flight! :) That tells me that not everyone is afraid of getting the flu!

I agree. The guy that called said that they might be adding back more flights as things clear up, but that he can't guarantee anything.

There aren't many industries where the consumer can buy and pay for something, then have the provider call and say "we've changed our mind, you can't have it because we we've since decided that our profit won't be high enough". The airline industry is a strange beast all around.

Thanks Don - just did the search and they don't show up. The only flights that are showing up are flying through Detroit, etc., and then back to Houston, then CZM, arriving the next day.

This sucks.
May I suggest you phone them ASAP: 800-525-0280 - it'd be fast than a computer lesson. :D

I suspect that you searched for Cozumel only, without nearby airports? If I am correct, search again with nearby airports allowed, or for Cancun, or just call them!!

They may be playing with the flights as we speak and maybe they weren't there, but they still are for me. Ask them.

Oh look, I think maybe they're loading new flights. This just appeared, into Cozumel! Call them! The agent will know more! This keeps changing as I look, but talk to them! It is tougher on a weekend like that, and just adding another plane is easier said than done, but there are flights...!!

14weufo.jpg

May I suggest you phone them ASAP: 800-525-0280 - it'd be fast than a computer lesson. :D

I suspect that you searched for Cozumel only, without nearby airports? If I am correct, search again with nearby airports allowed, or for Cancun, or just call them!!

They may be playing with the flights as we speak and maybe they weren't there, but they still are for me. Or maybe it's allowing me more because of my Platinum status, but ask them.

Oh look, I think maybe they're loading new flights. This just appeared, into Cozumel! Call them! The agent will know more...!

14weufo.jpg

Man I tell you Don you are always on top of things, thanks for all your info.....wow U R the man:cool3::cool3: this info will help a couple of clients of mine. Thank you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom