The torpedo lodged on Bloody Bay Wall off Little Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deac in the Wake

Contributor
Reaction score
I've heard enough divemasters and divers around the Sister Islands to believe the "torpedo in the wall" is more reality than urban myth. Still, I fully concede that it may actually be a peculiar rock formation though more than a couple of divers and boat crew members have told me otherwise.

Unfortunately, in my dives off LC I've never been lucky enough to get to see it (I've been at other sites). Anyone have pictures of it? What's the verdict from those who've actually seen it?

I asked about this one today ... and I think I got it sorted out.

There's no torpedoes ... but up in Jackson's around "Paul's Anchor", there are some old cannons.

I've been promised a copy of an old dive site DM's map to where they are, but I was warned by my contact that over ten years ago they were shown these cannon during a dive, but they couldn't even begin to recognize it as such.

Sounds to me like one would need an UW metal detector AND map to find them today. Plus they've probably also gotten buried in the sand...

our group was diving Little Cayman this past Aug. at lcbr.
on one site called ''Windsock'', Dottie said we would see a cannon.
near the boat's mooring in the sand we saw what was clearly a cannon barrel.

board member, dreaming of sand and salt, was on that dive and might be able to share a photo.

that week on another site I saw what appeared to be loose sections of iron pipe.
I am sure there are lots more treasures for divers to discover.
smokey

Smokey.
I don't think that little cannon on Windsock is the one they are talking about. It is a cute little sucker. but since it lies in the sand, storms sometimes cover it. Usually, when it is buried, there is a small portion exposed. I have dug away the sand at least twice. I believe that the cannon they are discussing is the one at Mike's Mount. I have done many dives on Paul's, and although I can usually find 6 of the anchors (there are supposedly 16), I have never seen a cannon there. But, if someone has actually seen a cannon on Paul's, I would appreciate an approximate location.

Last edited:
our group was diving Little Cayman this past Aug. at lcbr.
on one site called ''Windsock'', Dottie said we would see a cannon.
near the boat's mooring in the sand we saw what was clearly a cannon barrel.

board member, dreaming of sand and salt, was on that dive and might be able to share a photo.

that week on another site I saw what appeared to be loose sections of iron pipe.
I am sure there are lots more treasures for divers to discover.
smokey

Smokey,
Didn't get a pic but can for sure guarantee it was a cannon ... (awesome find buddy)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom