The trusty BCD.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patience is key when schooling "professionals" about scuba equipment and physics. Speaking slowly will also help. :D Just having fun. Please no instructor PMs...:)

Yea after he got the hint i was good on weight... And got on the boat... should have seen the DM's face when i pulled out my regs with a 7 foot hose attached, and told my new buddy to be for the day that if he has a OOA situation with out hesitation he is to just yank the working reg from my mouth and i will jump on the one hanging around my neck.

A comment was made that apparently the Cold Canadian water does something to our brains... lol

Oh... and in cuba in December i got the evil eye when they asked when my last dive was and i told them two days ago... he replied "Sir its December and even i know your water is frozen up there in December"... and my reply was " Yes sir... Thats why the dive gods created Chain saws and Drysuits"... I was glad i did not delete the pictures from my camera at that point.. he got a kick out of us "Crazy Canucks"

I would love to see that face. I bet it was priceless.

I am heading to dive Similan Islands (Thailand) and while I don't have BP/w I do have long hose and I will be slinging a 19cf(3L) pony bottle as well. I'll report on the reaction.

SkimFisher: Yep. That's about what I'm looking for. I use an OMS backplate and HOG rig with an AL80 to practice in the pool and this outfit should cover what I need. I'll investigate it more fully. "Thank you very much." (Elvis).

Have you thought of using a horsecollar.?

...I've never been to Aruba, but have been to Bonaire twice, and it's Bonaire policy to make all divers do an initial 'supervised' (kiddie) dive to see if you have a basic grasp of bouyancy control before they'll let you loose on the reef......so if your situation had happened to me, I might have used the 'kiddie' dive to prove I had a clue..... :)

When I went to Roatan they asked me to do the basic skills checkout. So I dropped down and did all the stuff they wanted me to do while hovering a few inches off the bottom in three feet of water. The DM then asked me to do it over again while kneeling ... so he could check to make sure I had enough weight ...

:confused:

Apparently, it wasn't the clue they were looking for ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Micheal Lambert: Uh-huh, no wing. I thought about a lift bag too but would like something like an inflatable/deflatable air belt like Skimfisher posted. Thanks.

I would be curious to see how you trim out with it, I mean i am sure its great for freedivers.. which i might add what are they using to inflate it with?

But how will it hold up to the weight of your tank and your plate on your back, I understand your saying you don't inflate your wing at all, however it does add some buoyancy characteristics to your dive even when completely deflated.. so if you are perfectly weighted with it how are you going to be with out it?

And also wondering what kind of depths you dive to.. Just wondering how you can dive beyond 2ATA and still not have a need for any sort of buoyancy compensation?

And also wondering what kind of depths you dive to.. Just wondering how you can dive beyond 2ATA and still not have a need for any sort of buoyancy compensation?

Divers were diving way deeper than 2 ATA before BC's were even thought about. Ever see any Cousteau divers with BC's

Divers were diving way deeper than 2 ATA before BC's were even thought about. Ever see any Cousteau divers with BC's

Ah, but that was back when men were men, and FEAR was a lispy companion of the common Man ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

True, Back in the day they worn Lead shoes and walked on the reefs does not mean it is still acceptable in todays society :D

What good is it if your spending your diving fighting your poor trim.

When I went to Roatan they asked me to do the basic skills checkout. So I dropped down and did all the stuff they wanted me to do while hovering a few inches off the bottom in three feet of water. The DM then asked me to do it over again while kneeling ... so he could check to make sure I had enough weight ...

:confused:

Apparently, it wasn't the clue they were looking for ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Pearls before swine as the saying goes:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom