The Weekend Effect...It's Back....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mccabejc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
At the risk of being chastized by our resident dive cheerleader... :D

If you're planning on diving this Sunday, keep your eye on the surf reports. Right now there's a storm in the Aleutians that they are predicting will be delivering head high to 3ft overhead (that's 9-10 ft) waves along west facing beaches on Sunday afternoon. And it looks like they're saying the swell might increase fairly suddenly during midday Sunday, so be careful.

Here's a groovy animation from Scripps showing a simulation of the storm over the next few days:

http://facs.scripps.edu/surf/images/pacanimne.gif

If I remember correctly, you said the same thing for last weekend.:06:

BTW, Shaw's cove was GREAT last Sunday! 15-20 ft vis. :D

LLKZ16:
If I remember correctly, you said the same thing for last weekend.:06:

Hey, I don't make the predictions, I just give folks a heads-up when the pros do.

Where's Claudette? We need some Ra-Ra from HBDiveGirl... or was that SquidGurl... or Dive Chica... Come to think of it, how many people are in there? :11:

Ice cold beer make me want to cheer!
Big bad swell.... anybody? Bueller?

Christian

20 to 25 foot visibility welcomed Jeff Shaw, Mo2vation and me into the Redondo canyon tonight.

27 centimeter wavelets tickled the shore.

Baby rays scootered all over the shallows.

Octopuses roiled and slithered about, road-kill-flat one minute, frilly and inflated the next.

We started as near to the grungy pier as we dared, sliced down to the 50-70fsw zone, and wandered over the miracle-mud-mile, finally bumping square into the infamous monument. Like a hole-in-one from a hundred yards off. Double cool!

Best viz I've seen in the canyon in about 6 months.

Find a great buddy and go diving!

HooRah!!!

No squid sighted yet, but my ExtraSquidSensory Perception says they're out there... and they're coming right for us! After the first full moon in December, start looking.

The pattern might be shifting a little bit,its supposed to be rough sunday through early
next week then so far getting better for the weekend, the last few weeks its been nice predictions during the week and progressively bad through the weekend

HBDiveGirl:
20 to 25 foot visibility welcomed Jeff Shaw, Mo2vation and me into the Redondo canyon tonight.

27 centimeter wavelets tickled the shore.

Baby rays scootered all over the shallows.

Octopuses roiled and slithered about, road-kill-flat one minute, frilly and inflated the next.

We started as near to the grungy pier as we dared, sliced down to the 50-70fsw zone, and wandered over the miracle-mud-mile, finally bumping square into the infamous monument. Like a hole-in-one from a hundred yards off. Double cool!

Best viz I've seen in the canyon in about 6 months.

Find a great buddy and go diving!

HooRah!!!

No squid sighted yet, but my ExtraSquidSensory Perception says they're out there... and they're coming right for us! After the first full moon in December, start looking.
Woo Hoo!

I knew we could count on you to make it yet another Happy SoCal Moment or HSM for short!:14:

Christian

Hmmm... Catalina is not as affected by these events as you folks are on the "Big Island" over there. Diving the Park Sat and the King Neptune Sun and Mon so I'm hoping the predictions are wrong. By the way, conditions were were quite good after the big rains last weekend. Decent visibility (35') even two days afterwards and reports yesterday were 50' vis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom