The Weekend Effect...It's Back....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
Woo Hoo!

I knew we could count on you to make it yet another Happy SoCal moment!:14:

Christian
Oh, Mr. Headhunter... wanna go watch the cephalopod races tonight? Call me if you wanna dive Redondo tonight... or Malaga... or?

Claudette

HBDiveGirl:
Oh, Mr. Headhunter... wanna go watch the cephalopod races tonight? Call me if you wanna dive Redondo tonight... or Malaga... or?

HBDiveGirl... not HBSitAtTheComputerAndWorryGirl...:D
Love to, but I'm pricing things for my garage sale. :D

Cha-Ching! :dollar:

Know anyone who wants to buy an old Sanyo Beta VCR or since I don't use cassettes anymore anyone who wants to buy my old cassette deck? I'm even going to unload my old 13" Sony Trinitron TV that I got for my 9th birthday. :11:

Christian

HBDiveGirl:
HBDiveGirl... not HBSitAtTheComputerAndWorryGirl...:D

Okay, show of hands:

How many folks think that there's a BIT more to life than diving ? :11: Okay, maybe not a lot more, but a bit... :D

Okay, I see a few hands going up...not everyone, but a few.

I think those of us with our hands raised probably like to plan our precious weekends in advance, using whatever means we have. By all means, feel free to call it worry if that boats your float.... :D

Gives us a way for guys like me to decide between:

1. Go to bed real early Saturday nite so we can wake up at 5am on Sunday
  2. Make 3 hour round trip to the beach (yeah, some of us have to do that...)
  3. Possibly be greeted by predicted 5 ft swells and 5ft visibility, mixed with a bacterial soup from recent runoff
  4. Head back home

OR

1. Take my honey dancing and carousing Saturday nite (guaranteed good fun)
  2. Stay up much later than my mom would ever have allowed in high school :11:
  3. Wake up around noon on Sunday, and have one of them incredibly groovy lazy days with my honey (guaranteed really good fun :D )

And hey, if it turns out to be a wonderful day of diving, well, that's life :D I've got a wonderful consolation prize :D

Jim-

Boy, if I had a honey I'd be torn between your 2nd choice and diving. Of course if I did, she'd be a diver so I could do both (well, it's only a 15 min walk to the ocean for me rather than a three hour drive).

mccabejc:
I think those of us with our hands raised probably like to plan our precious weekends in advance, using whatever means we have.
Well, I'd say it's the inland effect. Have you noticed that the people who go diving five nights a week are the ones who live five minutes from the beach? And those of us who have to traverse multiple area codes en route to the shores tend to hedge our bets with the swell reports? (Noticing that you're from Upland ...)

Of course, maybe I have the cause-and-effect backwards ... nature vs. nurture ... do we live inland because of our personality type, or is personality formed by living inland?

:wink:

we called the big dive we had going on sunday cuz of everthing kindy sucks but oh well
lets hope next weeked is better

mccabejc:
<snip>I think those of us with our hands raised probably like to plan our precious weekends in advance, using whatever means we have. By all means, feel free to call it worry if that boats your float.... :D
I'm sorry, Jim. My post was abrasive and uncalled for. I just lost track of what is most important: Having good fun with friends, regardless of the activity. My bad.

Claudette

mccabejc:
Okay, show of hands:

How many folks think that there's a BIT more to life than diving ? :11: Okay, maybe not a lot more, but a bit... :D

Okay, I see a few hands going up...not everyone, but a few.

I think those of us with our hands raised probably like to plan our precious weekends in advance, using whatever means we have. By all means, feel free to call it worry if that boats your float.... :D

Gives us a way for guys like me to decide between:

1. Go to bed real early Saturday nite so we can wake up at 5am on Sunday
  2. Make 3 hour round trip to the beach (yeah, some of us have to do that...)
  3. Possibly be greeted by predicted 5 ft swells and 5ft visibility, mixed with a bacterial soup from recent runoff
  4. Head back home

OR

1. Take my honey dancing and carousing Saturday nite (guaranteed good fun)
  2. Stay up much later than my mom would ever have allowed in high school :11:
  3. Wake up around noon on Sunday, and have one of them incredibly groovy lazy days with my honey (guaranteed really good fun :D )

And hey, if it turns out to be a wonderful day of diving, well, that's life :D I've got a wonderful consolation prize :D
My hand stayed down. Diving is my life. When the conditions are bad I tend to pace back and forth and twiddle my thumbs a lot. I can't even remember the names of people I knew before I was certified. I think some of them are family members of some sort. Who knows? They don't dive. :D

MaxBottomtime:
My hand stayed down. Diving is my life. When the conditions are bad I tend to pace back and forth and twiddle my thumbs a lot. I can't even remember the names of people I knew before I was certified. I think some of them are family members of some sort. Who knows? They don't dive. :D
Sunday morning Marineland check?? Good, Bad, indifferent.... might as well go look. If anyone wants first hand reports from dive sites, please PM... or we can exchange cell #'s for phone reports from the shore. Use your resources.
Claudette

I'll be @ vet's tomorow morning.....out of the water by 8:30am. If you want to do Marineland bout 9am, I'm game :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom