The weirdest things I ever ate were...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justleesa:
ok...I'll go for it...It is an egg with a young chick in it.....Need I say more?

Ewwww I had forgotten about those

simbrooks:
Is it still warm after being wrestled out from under the chicken (or whatever bird)???

Thailand: Hard boiled
Vietnam: slightly warm but not enough to make the white go white.

Squid cooked in it's own ink.
Goat shoulder, as mentioned above.
Sheep's pituitary gland.
- all in Spain, and all very tasty.

uncooked spiced beef.
- In Turkey, not so tasty.

Hotdogs in Korea. Dosen't sound too bad, until you realize that all the nasty stuff we Americans put in hotdogs, Koreans sell outright in the meat markets. So what are they putting in their hotdogs?

A sheep's pituitary gland? that's like the size of a black bean, tops. You sure it wasn't sweetbread? (thymus?)

Originally Posted by simbrooks
Is it still warm after being wrestled out from under the chicken (or whatever bird)???
better yet, is it slightly crunchy? :11:
I'd have to be WELL into my cervesas to make that attempt. Bleah.

SueMermaid:
A sheep's pituitary gland? that's like the size of a black bean, tops. You sure it wasn't sweetbread? (thymus?)

Pituitary is what my limited Spanish and my friend's limited English could settle on. Mojecas, I think is the way it's spelled. Anyone out there know more about it? Fried up, they looked like chicken gizzards.

I think I'm gonna be sick.

:rofl:
Yep, mojecas are sweetbreads.

here are a couple more to add to the list:

Bali:.......... shredded coconut soaked in raw pigs blood (bad)

Dog Satay (good, and said to be an aphrodisiac)

Fried chicken bones with chili, (very tasty and crunchy)

justleesa:
ok...I'll go for it...It is an egg with a young chick in it.....Need I say more?

Ah, think I saw that on an episode of Fear Factor...looked nasty!

SueMermaid:
:rofl:
Yep, mojecas are sweetbreads.

Be careful with that rofl. If I thought you really were rolling on the floor laughing over my simple mistranslation, I might think you were very condescending.

probably something my mother has made...she experiments way too much in the kitchen...with not a lot of cooking/baking talent to back it up! lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom