theory regarding theory of RGBM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

911_abuser

Reaction score
we all know we should not fly for at least 24 hours after diving. reason being bubbles in your system from diving could cause adverse conditions at altitude.

now RGBM assumes there are ALREADY bubbles in the human system. if this is so then when you arrive at your dive destination and go for a dive that day is there a greater risk of DCS? i mean if we agitate the bubbles that are already there then maybe its more likely to happen. or something like that. oh well, just an idea that came to me while on the tank.

fernando

I would think the opposite. On the airplane you are at a lower pressure, which is why there could be a problem if you fly after diving. But on the flight out to the dive site, I would guess I would be offgasing into the lower pressure environment, and so would actually have less N2 in my system than normal when I hit the ground. But as soon as I got off the plane I would start to reach normal sea level equilibrium so there would be no difference unless I stepped off the plane and jumped right in the ocean.

Just my $1.50 worth. (2 cents, inflation adjusted.)

Hello 911:

Nuclei and Flying

The nuclei will expand to some degree, off gas a little, and then contract upon landing. They will not affect the dive in a more adverse way than if you had been on the surface. You might actually be in a bit better shape – but it would be very difficult to demonstrate by a laboratory test.

Dr Deco :doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom