Thermalution still in business?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kduck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is Thermalution still in business? I have sent multiple emails since October to both, the email address on Thermalution's website as well as Heated wetsuit, the dealer I bought my compact dive series vest from. I have received no reply from either. I bought it 4 years ago and have been happy with it, but now have an issue with it not heating with no lights on the hardwired controller. I have verified that batteries are not the issue. I would like to know from them, what it will cost to trouble shoot and repair this non warranty issue.

If I can not get an answer from them, I will be looking at purchasing a replacement (for wetsuit use) from another manufacturer. What are my options?

Thanks

I was able to purchase from them for a Christmas gift and order was promptly delivered. NO idea if they are now out of business? Who else sells heated vests/shirts for wetsuit use?? I just went to their website and apparently everything is sold out???

Is Thermalution still in business? I have sent multiple emails since October to both, the email address on Thermalution's website as well as Heated wetsuit, the dealer I bought my compact dive series vest from. I have received no reply from either. I bought it 4 years ago and have been happy with it, but now have an issue with it not heating with no lights on the hardwired controller. I have verified that batteries are not the issue. I would like to know from them, what it will cost to trouble shoot and repair this non warranty issue.

If I can not get an answer from them, I will be looking at purchasing a replacement (for wetsuit use) from another manufacturer. What are my options?

Thanks
I don't know if they're in business now, but I had much better experience with communication directly with Thermalution in Taiwan (vivian@petatech-co.com) than with anyone @ heatedwetsuits.com.

Just a bit of an update....
I still have not heard anything back from Thermalution, nor Heated wetsuits. Yesterday, I talked to a dealer of Thermalution, at the Great Lakes Shipwreck Festival in Livonia MI. She said she is having the same issues with no customer support. Still in business? who knows, but I am through with them and am moving on. Monday, I will be calling a Venture heat dealer and hope to be placing an order if all pans out. Anyone have any feed back on Venture heat products?

So, I then decided to see just what is inside the controller, the most likely failure point. I can see that these may be replaceable(if you can splice a new one in), but definately not repairable. By the time I cut through the case and an inner plastic holder, the glued in printed board and switch were damaged.

Attachments

• Resized_20220227_120053.jpeg
    Resized_20220227_120053.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 118
  • Resized_20220227_115604.jpeg
    Resized_20220227_115604.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Resized_20220227_115001001.jpeg
    Resized_20220227_115001001.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 124
I haven't dealt with Thermalution in a few years. I had a couple of venture heat vests at the show. Thanks for coming out.

Venture heat told me they were sold out of everything. I think they might have one XL left since I sent back mine and it was slightly too large. I was able to get a Large from Seattle Underwater sports

Since Thermalution/Heated Wetsuits have very little stock, it's no wonder they are almost non-existent. I'd buy two batteries for my wife's Compact Dive Shirt if I could.

Since Thermalution/Heated Wetsuits have very little stock, it's no wonder they are almost non-existent. I'd buy two batteries for my wife's Compact Dive Shirt if I could.
Well, as circumstances have it, I now have 4 batteries I no longer need. All are about 4 years old. ModelSPE-002-C for a compact series vest.

I haven't dealt with Thermalution in a few years. I had a couple of venture heat vests at the show. Thanks for coming out.
Well, thats too bad I did not notice them, otherwise I would have enjoyed talking to you about them. a perfect opportunity lost. Cindy Lynch was the dealer I talked to.

Well, thats too bad I did not notice them, otherwise I would have enjoyed talking to you about them. a perfect opportunity lost. Cindy Lynch was the dealer I talked to.
Yep, I know Cindy. I was over near the entrance. Michigan Diver is the name of her shop. That is where I purchased my first Thermalution vest several years ago.

Back
Top Bottom