Thermocline off Kingston?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepBound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Can anyone tell me the depth/temperatures of the thermocline off Kingston this time of year? For example to dive the Munson or KPH, is there a thermocline and what is the temperature down there?
Thanks in Advance

At this time of year there is no thermocline, the water temperature is the same top to bottom, in the middle of summer most lakes will develop a thermocline as warmer water rises to the top and colder dense water sinks to the bottom.

simcoediver:
At this time of year there is no thermocline, the water temperature is the same top to bottom, in the middle of summer most lakes will develop a thermocline as warmer water rises to the top and colder dense water sinks to the bottom.

So let me get this straight, it is very cold all the way down instead of just half way down :confused: Thank goodness for dry suits. :eyebrow:

Well it might not be any warmer further down below a certain depth, but the surface is still really hard at the KPH entry point :( I guess it needs a couple more weeks to thaw.

DS tank wipe:
umm Marie when did you get a drysuit:D

I actually haven't gotten it yet but have been talking to your boss and was at the shop last weekend. Hopefully if the scheduals work out I can be measured and into a nice warm suit soon. I am really looking forward to it.

By the way the post wasn't from experience, I actually don't mind the cold.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom