Thermoclines and my bare chest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waynel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Landing in AC Saturday. I dive Key Largo every June sans wetsuit, just swim trunks. The water in the Keys this time of year is 84F, just like Belize from I understand. My only concern is thermoclines and maybe one night dive. I know, it's better to have it and not need it, but I wouldlove to leave the 2 mil back home. Truth is, we're trying to reduce our luggage due to the outrageous luggage fees.

As I said, I never bring a wetsuit to Key Largo in June, which should give you an indication of my "cold torlerance." We are only doing 2 dives a day for four days and 1 night dive. Whadda ya' think?

Thanks in advance

Don't bother taking it. I rarely wear a wetsuit in the Carribean and never get cold. Especially with as few dives as you are scheduling. The only time I've felt a bit chilly in Belize (over 40 dives there) was in the Blue Hole; there is a thermocline at about 120 feet, but even then, I was that deep for such a short time that it didn't really bother me.

Best,

Dave

I thought as much. Thanks a bunch.

Water was 86 degrees. Swim trunks only, even on the night dive. Just got back. Viz averaged about 80 and we had one incredile day that had to be over 100. It was so good we thought we were spacewalking. Outstanding trip. TuffENuff off the dock at Belizean Shores. Yes...Billie is outstanding. Loved having the gear stored and ready on the boat every morning. I'll file a bit more detailed trip report after I clean up and hang our gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom