Things to do while waiting for a diver.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How about a trip to Grand Cayman and have her do the Sea Trek helmet dive? Could she do that? And while you're there you could take her to stingray city for some snorkeling. And there is the sub tour. And dinner at Guy Harvey's. And there is the turtle farm. I like to stay at Sunset House. Just throwing out ideas........

Doug - aka "Dogfish";6451785:
How about a trip to Grand Cayman and have her do the Sea Trek helmet dive? Could she do that? And while you're there you could take her to stingray city for some snorkeling. And there is the sub tour. And dinner at Guy Harvey's. And there is the turtle farm. I like to stay at Sunset House. Just throwing out ideas........

The helmet dive would still be using compressed air. All else sounds good.

What about taking sailing or windsurfing lessons together? She could then go enjoy the water too and won't feel left out.

When my wife sits out a dive she will take a walk, search the beach for sea glass and other treasures, take a nap, read a book or chat with other non diving partners. With everything involved in a dive (prerp, drive, dive, breaking down, drive, maybe Si & another dive, chow, drive, cleanup) the bottom time is minimal if she's willing to tag along in the first place. The rest she be involved in.

Pete

Find a buddy with a wife that dosen't dive and hope for the best.

Bob
------------------------------------------
I may be old, but I’m not dead yet.

Find a buddy with a wife that dosen't dive and hope for the best.

The best eh. I feel bad for my buddy :wink:

These are all great suggestions, I will bring up windsurfing lessons with her.

Clean the boat, Polish the brass and get supper cooked for you... Then there is always the laundry to do.... :wink:

"HIDING under the Table" Jim...

Man.... you WANT her to throw you overboard, don't you??!! :wink:

This may sound a bit odd for this forum, but I knit. Yeah, and I'm an old gear-head engineer-type guy. My wife has been knitting for years and I took it up this past Feb cause I got tired of having cold feet and I hate itchy wool. So I figured I could do better than any store bought solution and so I taught myself to knit socks out of alpaca yarn. Its not as easy as it sounds, but not as boring as you might think. And actually its a great thing to do while watching football during the fall (though I learned while watching EPL soccer with my kids in the late winter) - beats eating chips, smoking, drinking out of boredom and generally getting fat while sitting. Looking forward to slipping on a pair of warm dry socks after diving this fall! :)

7 days to OWC final checkout! Can't wait! :)

My wife travelled with me on dive trips for 5 years before she became a diver. She read, walked, talked to people she met, , shopped, did short tours, all depending upon where we were. The key is to find dive destinations with alternative activities, and also perhaps to travel with another couple that consists of at least one non-diver so she is not isolated. Since we have both been diving, I still do more dives on a trip than she does, so these considerations are still important. It is not just about you.
DivemasterDennis

Have her make you a Sammich! :wink:

Sorry that was my pub response..................wonder if there is room under that table?? :D

Hooka system. Then she can do the shallow stuff with you.

She could pick up sky diving, it has diving in its name but no compresses air.

Doctors just want to stop everyone from having fun its a conspiracy man. Lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom