Things you wish you had known before your first trip to N Sulawesi...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haha... Did you play it like "slug bug" where you punch the person next to you in the arm every time you saw one?...lol.

YIKES. Spiders? OMG. If I stay under the water the entire time they won't be able to get me.....

The things that I wished I had known - it seems that none of the rooms and hotels ever have anyplace to hang or store clothing so plan on leaving them in your suitcase. They have REALLY big spiders.. :) I am not bothered by them but my group of friends that I travel with seem to be so they would come screaming down to my room to kill the monster spider in their room. ( they really are big) don't make friends with any stray cats on the resort grounds because they will end up in a burlap bag and off to some unpleasant demise. The locals at Lembeh are truly lovely people. Friendly and kind. They also do not have the same sense of personal space that Americans do so don't be surprised if someone touchs you or gets close. The little children in Manado think that big tall white men are fascinating. The reason that I say I wish I had known is that I would have brought trinkets or treats. I spent a good hour in Manado one time while several school children came and had there picture taken with me. I am 6'4" and quite fair. They were so cute.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom