Thinking about getting a dive watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luminox, Seiko, Citizen, Casio, Timex, Wegner, St Moritz in no order of preference for solid performing dive watches. Most have models at the $100 mark that will do a fine job. You will find most people here are very happy with their watches. I personally own a St Moritz which I am very happy with. My wife uses a Wegner. Just make sure it's rated well. A lot of places say to 200 meters, but 100 meters should be fine. If you get one you really like, DO NOT send it to the local jeweler to get a new battery as most will not make sure the unit is properly sealed and therefore may or will flood. Most DIVE watches will need to go back to the manufacturer for a new battery. St Moritz will renew the warranty twice if you do this every two years. Seiko, St Moritz and I'm sure others have service centers for this purpose.

Actually some high end jeweler do pressure test. When I bring in my Tag's for a new battery, they also clean a pressure test them while you wait. Good luck on the watch search.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom