|| This close to buying a drysuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparkySFD:
p.s.- hex92 If your interested PM me. I know of a DUI TLS thats on ebay. Been watching it. I think it might fit you. Its on its second listing. If you want it, lemme know I might have a strategy, that may work on the auction. I thought about it. Really wanted the CF, but this one looks good. If my other fell through I was looking at this one as a backup.

I ended up with the BARE. I start my training tonight. I figured I would never find a suit my size on ebay. Of course about three days after I ordered my suit I found a custom suit on there drysuit that looks like it would have fit me perfectly. But thats life. I think I will be very happy with my purchase. At least I can finally get it wet tonight. I have been staring at it for the last two weeks :eek:verlord:

hex92:
I ended up with the BARE. I start my training tonight. I figured I would never find a suit my size on ebay. Of course about three days after I ordered my suit I found a custom suit on there drysuit that looks like it would have fit me perfectly. But thats life. I think I will be very happy with my purchase. At least I can finally get it wet tonight. I have been staring at it for the last two weeks :eek:verlord:
I don't recognize the brand of the ebay suit.

You are just as well off with the Bare, as most folks do not like the cuff dump. You can pay to have that changed, but that starts eating up your cost savings...

Let us know how it works out for you!

Cheers!
BD

hex92:
I'm not buying from Leisure Pro since they don't carry tall sizes. I am right on the line between a Large Tall and XLT. Of course every dive shop listed on Bare's website as being a dealer in this area doesn't have a single suit in stock so I can't try one on.

I was going to buy from Divesource.com (located in canada), but a LDS - and by local I mean 55 miles away :frown: - that gives my place of employment a price break can sell it to me for the same price ($750 + tax). So I guess I will buy it from them. Its worth the extra $37 to have a semi-local store with a pool for support.

ps- the Viking drysuits are just too expensive. I know they are good suits, but I don't want to pay $250 more.

Check with Bob about the Viking X-Treme. It's a polymer impregnated fabric (shellsuit). IMHO better than the Nexgen (feels and looks more durable). I haven't heard much bad about the NEXGEN and haven't dove it so I am NOT the source for a valid review of the NEXGEN. I will tell you that my Fire Dept. (where money is more than tight) decided to go with the Viking X-Treme over the Bare NEXGEN or Bare ATR due to cost and comparable quality.

For the record, I have a Bare CD4 4mm compressed neoprene that I dive, so I am a Bare fan.

Just something to consider at at least check out. I think you will find the costs of the X-Treme in line and maybe better than the NEXGEN.

Now Bob, I expect my commission check. LOL

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom