This might be a silly question about tank boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I will get over this babying crap with this tank :)

I never owned a painted steel tank until now so I'm still trying to get used to it and reading all the post talking about bubbly rust spots under the paint is making me mucho paranoid.

Rinse it and dry it when you get home from diving, store it somewhere climate controlled, and you shouldn't have any issues.

I would skip the boot too, but if you insist you can always get something like the xs scuba boot that has holes in the bottom, then tie some rope to those holes to use as handles to pull the boot off. Slip a screwdriver through the rope when time to remove the boot and wiggle.

Hammering on it probably won't make much of a difference, might loosen up after time but it'll still stay on. If you break it, they are cheap to replace.

The boot that came with it is still in good shape with no stress mark or cracks on it.

Tying a rope to the boot to help with removal sounds like a great idea. I'll give XS Scuba a call tomorrow to see which model of their boot will work with my tank.

Thanks!

---------- Post added November 12th, 2013 at 07:39 PM ----------

Rinse it and dry it when you get home from diving, store it somewhere climate controlled, and you shouldn't have any issues.

yup, thx!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom