This weekend's diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
Did another river drift dive on the Savannah River this morning with my instructor from LDS, his two kids, and another recently certified lady. The river was moving faster today, but not too swiftly to dive. We entered at the city marina boat ramp, surface floated out past all the grass and weed on the bottom there then dropped down to about 7 feet. The visability was about 10ft and somewhat less in some areas of the river. Water temperature was a cool 69 degrees. I sort of tested it out earlier without wetsuit, and yep I needed one. Read the thread you know you are a diver when to see what I did today. Our dive lasted one hour and five minutes and I had 860psi left when we finished. The maximum depth was around 19 feet. We found a lot of really cool things, a cell phone, an umbrella and I guess the most interesting was a shopping cart like from a supermarket. I went through the middle of a school of shiners, at first I thought someones regulator was freeflowing bubbles, then I saw they were little silver fish. Very awesome to experience the little fellers. I picked up crayfish and clams along the way. Not too much else though. All in all a good dive. I am anxiously awaiting next weekend as we are diving in West Palm Beach. Warm water, yeah! I like the river, but I really like warm water. Hope everyone else had a good weekend. See Ya.:)

Bottoms Up....Bubbles Up!!!
Cindy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom