Those beans!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j_spot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So after some time in Roatan Im addicted to those red beans. But now back in Canada I can't manage to find them at my Safeways or anything.

Does anybody know an online retailer that sells the whole beans? Or if not that, the canned/mylar bagged ones.

Any decent market or grocery should carry the dry beans but plan on hours and hours of cooking even in a pressure cooker. You may like
PLaneta Catracho

I waved at your Blue House as we went by in the blue boat from CCV last week:D... and I agree I love the beans and rice I try to eat them when I am there at least once a day...of course we can find them here in Texas but somehow they just don't taste the same:wink:

I hope if it waved back it did so nicely and did not give some other type of gesture.:D

Seems a bit far west for CCV, learn something new all the time. Were you heading around to the North?

no wave just a smile :wink: yeah we were on an all day trip to West End loaded with fried chicken and potato salad for lunch and Salva Vida for the trip back after diving...we
dived Lighthouse Reef Half Moon Bay and West End Wall.....it was a great day with smooth seas....West side had a little rain and we saw a water spout as we were getting back on the boat from our 3rd dive....awesome :blinking:

So after some time in Roatan Im addicted to those red beans. But now back in Canada I can't manage to find them at my Safeways or anything.

Does anybody know an online retailer that sells the whole beans? Or if not that, the canned/mylar bagged ones.

As in Red Beans and Rice? You could look for Zateran's in the prepared foods areas.

But the key difference between the ones in the US and Honduras is cooking the rice in coconut milk. It makes them sweeter and richer than what you find in say louisana.

Coconut, rice, and beans recipe

And make sure that coconut milk is from freshly grated coconuts right off the tree, Using the canned stuff is not allowed.

And make sure that coconut milk is from freshly grated coconuts right off the tree, Using the canned stuff is not allowed.

You guys are hillarious. now I know why I like scuba board so much. there is a slight problem with your response though. J spot like me is from canada and no matter how much we try we just cant get those palm trees to grow here worth a darn. once august arrives and the temp starts to dip they just pick up roots and head south.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom