Thoughts on Ft Wetherill conditions this Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSarus

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Given the following Forecast. What are the thoughts on conditions for Sunday. The winds are not a problem but the highs seas may be and what are the visability predictions. Not too sure the direction of the waves. Does anyone have a swell barb (direction link).

Thanks

Sat
NE winds 15 to 20 kt with gusts up to 25 kt...becoming S 10 to 15 kt in the late morning and afternoon. Seas 4 to 7 ft. Rain. Areas of fog in the morning with vsby 1 nm or less.
Sat Night
S winds 5 to 10 kt...becoming se late. Seas 5 to 8 ft. A chance of showers.
Sun
NE winds 5 to 10 kt with gusts up to 20 kt... becoming N 10 to 15 kt with gusts up to 20 kt late. Seas 4 to 7 ft...subsiding to 3 to 5 ft in the afternoon. A chance of showers in the afternoon.
Sun Night
NW winds 10 to 15 kt...diminishing to 5 to 10 kt around midnight...then becoming SW with gusts up to 20 kt late. Seas 3 to 5 ft. A chance of showers in the evening.

The coves should be fairly sheltered from the seas but I wouldn't expect great vis based on the conditions over the past few days and all of the rain we'll be getting through today and Sat so it probably won't be worth your trouble to drive all the way out to RI this weekend.

Well,

RIO Since you do not have to drive. I guess we are on for a dive this weekend?

Ed

RIOceanographer:
The coves should be fairly sheltered from the seas but I wouldn't expect great vis based on the conditions over the past few days and all of the rain we'll be getting through today and Sat so it probably won't be worth your trouble to drive all the way out to RI this weekend.

Chris, (little) You know better than to go there after this much rain! Brail diving sucks!!

Chris, (big) you don't have a puter anymore, so you can never dive again.

Ed, You are now married and should sell me all of your gear. It IS used, so I can only give you .15 cents on the dollar. (wholesale price of course)

Tampico_ED:
Well,

RIO Since you do not have to drive. I guess we are on for a dive this weekend?

Ed

Hehe I was wondering if you'd catch that little loophole when I typed it..... :D

Yes, Sunday morning, only catch is I need to be done by about 11am. A friend of mine is graduating at URI and I told her I'd try to show up for the ceremony.

dbg40:
Chris, (big) you don't have a puter anymore, so you can never dive again.

On the contrary! I am dragging Ed out to go looking for said computer (which should be reading a bottom time of about 1 week at this point if we find it :D)

RIOceanographer:
On the contrary! I am dragging Ed out to go looking for said computer (which should be reading a bottom time of about 1 week at this point if we find it :D)

Remember to follow the profile! I'll show up to toss little stones on you while you are decompressing in 16" of water for 36 hours!!

Chris big is just saying the vis is bad because he knows I like scavenging. I bet Bull Point will be crystal clear this weekend.

RIOceanographer:
Hehe I was wondering if you'd catch that little loophole when I typed it..... :D

Yes, Sunday morning, only catch is I need to be done by about 11am. A friend of mine is graduating at URI and I told her I'd try to show up for the ceremony.

Chris, email me.... I'll be there...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom