Thoughts on Ft Wetherill conditions this Sunday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIOceanographer:
Wooot!!! My trusty dive buddy has returned from oblivion!!!!
Hey Chris, I was just out on the beach in front of my house. The water was a nice shade of crappy brown and full of weed. Save your air!
On a more positive note, we launched our boat on Wednesday, do you want to join us one day next weekend? Today we are going to try out the new Side Scan. Hopefully
I won't wrap the fish in the prop!

Sean222:
Hey Chris, I was just out on the beach in front of my house. The water was a nice shade of crappy brown and full of weed. Save your air!
On a more positive note, we launched our boat on Wednesday, do you want to join us one day next weekend? Today we are going to try out the new Side Scan. Hopefully
I won't wrap the fish in the prop!

Sounds good to me(not the crappy brown bit :D)! Keep me posted.

We actually did get in today. Water was 48F at 60 feet. No computers were recovered. Vis was about 5 ft or less as expected. But we did get a dive in! :D

We actually did get in today. Water was 48F at 60 feet. No computer's recovered. Vis was about 5 ft or less as expected. But we did get a dive in! :D[/quote]
Well, it's better than working. We went scanning for the first time this morning. Wow, this unit is amazing. The towfish tracked nice and straight. I thought my minimum speed of 6 knts was going to be a problem for good images, but it was no problem.
We scanned the mooring field and the Barge off Ft Getty. This is going to be alot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom