three divers rescued in the St Lawrence

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...I cant say as a SINGLE person got "disoriented" during one of the MI's I witnesssed/treated.

...Pain, numbness, nausea, light headedness. es all of those, however no sign of disorientation.

Imagine having any of the above symptoms that you describe and how it would feel and look *suspended* at 200 feet or any depth.

gosh, 200+ ft deep dive?? that's almost a suicide....the thing tho is, some artherosclerotic cases are environmentaly induced...meaning there are no symptoms before diving but if you get underwater the water pressure @100-200 feet will and can induce the heart to pump faster, and in effect the hairlike veins in our brains cannot withstand the intense pressure and will eventually burst.,then the flow of oxygen within the brain and other parts of the body will be compromised.,,by this time you will start to feel numbness in your facial muscle, jaw and arms etc. and brain death comes next if the blood is not immediately drained out from the caranial cavity..

I have no idea what medical education this poster has, but this post is very close to nonsense.

I have no idea what medical education this poster has, but this post is very close to nonsense.

Gadzooks... I was about to put all my gear on E-bay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom