Thumbs up to Anthony's Key Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK Just returned from a week at AKR and I had a Great time. Now in full disclosure this is my first Dive resort trip and while I have nothing to compare to in terms of the dive operation. I have been to number of resorts and on a number of fly fishing trips. As far as the Resort staff ?, I thought they were quite good and did their jobs well. Picked up at the airport, bags delivered to the room, check in and orientation organized smooth, house keeping and wait staff good.
The food ? I have to confess to being spoiled with a wife and a daughter both of which are definitely in the 5 star cooking category. ARK while not quite 5 star, was good and on the upper side of average for a resort in the price range. The grounds were over all clean.
The dive operation did not seem to me to be the least bit shoddy. it was well organized they move a good number of people but seem to be very good at it. I have my own gear, the gear I did see being rented was on par with the gear used in my OW classes from my LDS.

The dive master and boat captan were great. The dive master gave a good briefing before each dive and was constantly pointing out critters and such. I tweaked my lower back climbing aboard in rough water, on the first dive of the second day. From then on the captan carried my tank and BCD to the stern so I coud sit on the dive deck to get it on, and was waiting at the stern to grab it upon resurfacing. Never acted the least bit put out or disinterested. Shark dive was super. My only minor disappointment was I had expected to see more fish on the night dive. This was a PADI organized trip and the team leaders/ hosts, did an outstanding job. The only real negative is how long it's going before I can go on my next dive trip.

Pic from shark dive this big female came up and stopped momentarily about 2 ft. in front of me. I was wishing I had a pair of foot long needle nose pliers to yank that hook out of her jaw.
Helpme_zps60bd28d2.jpg

Last edited:
It's been 4 years since our last trip to AKR and we want to go back. Glad to see/hear they are still providing a great experience

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom