Thursday 22nd March Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's only cause you haven't shaved in a while! :rofl3:

Great job, everyone! You all are doing awesome!

Well... I've stayed even keel. No gain, no loss.

Today's weight- 261
Challenge loss- 1.9 lbs

It sure would help if I could exercise... I'd surely have a loss then. Oh, well. In time, I suppose. I am starting to feel a little better. If I could get rid of the lethargy, I might try a *small* workout session.

OK, so you know of my big loss, but even with all the stress eating, I still squeaked out 1# SO FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 10 YEARS 199!

SCA, At this point there is not much left that you can do. Either he will do what is right or what his emotions lead him to. Hopefully the counseling will help him see that you are doing what you think is right for him. Heck, my father and I did not speak for almost 7 years. Now I call weekly. Good luck to you.

SoCalAngel:
Hi All!

Long time no weigh in for me. I have been steadily losing about a pound a week. I am at 105 today. So, while not any huge losses, at least they will (hopefully) stay off for the long run!

I am eating all the junk I was avoiding for so long. Just so much freakin' stress with the teenager. He ran away for 3 weeks. I called the sheriff and had him picked up. He knows it was me and he won't talk to me. He's been in Juvenile Hall for the last week and a half. Tomorrow, he goes to court ordered rehab, which I am very grateful about. But, I really wish he would talk to me.
Holy crap Angel. I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope things work out for him. I've had some trouble with my boy too, not as bad as your's (which makes me count my blessings)but I know how stressful it can be. Hang in there honey.

Oh, I lost 1 lb this week. I did some "fact checking" and since 11/04, I've lost 48 lbs. Of course that was a whole yo yo cycle which is why it took so long. Since the beginning of the year, I've lost 15 lbs. And I lost 7lbs for the Spring Challenge at my gym and got my t-shirt yesterday. But more importantly, I feel much stronger from my strength training and I'm sure I'm gaining muscle while I'm losing fat. And my endurance has increased since I can generally do a cardio workout for 40-45 minutes.

SoCalAngel:
I am eating all the junk I was avoiding for so long. Just so much freakin' stress with the teenager. He ran away for 3 weeks. I called the sheriff and had him picked up. He knows it was me and he won't talk to me. He's been in Juvenile Hall for the last week and a half. Tomorrow, he goes to court ordered rehab, which I am very grateful about. But, I really wish he would talk to me.
Teens are a trial ... several years ago my oldest brother's teenage son ran away for a year and a half, when he came home he had a girlfriend and a daughter. Coupla weeks ago I got a frantic e-mail from my sister that her teenage son attempted suicide ... for the second time. He's still in the hospital, and they're wondering what they need to do with him when he gets out this time.

Never had a kid ... can't imagine what that sort of stress must be like. My heart goes out to you and your son ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Can I change my weigh-in weight? LOL I just stepped back onto the scales, and it actually shows a 1 lb loss now! LOL

Ok... so... 260 lbs even.... and that makes a challenge loss of 2.9 lbs. :D

SoCalAngel:
Hi All!

Long time no weigh in for me. I have been steadily losing about a pound a week. I am at 105 today. So, while not any huge losses, at least they will (hopefully) stay off for the long run!

So sorry to hear about your son. My heart goes out to you and you're in my prayers.

LindaBluedolphin:
Good luck with everything SCA, 105 wow, why in the world are you even trying to lose weight, I don't think I ever weighed 105

Okay as announced I am up 2 lbs this week. So total loss now is at 25.2 lbs....back on track today

Ok, that was a total typo... it should have read 205! Sorry about that! I was at an all high of 231 in September, when I got off the pain meds. So, so far, a nice steady loss for me. Only seem to fluctuate about 3 lbs any time during the week (when not an "official" weigh in).

:D

Thanks so much for everyone's prayers. I appreciate them! I am off to rehab, now, so I'll check in soon!

BTW, keep up the great weight loss everyone. It really is so much easier having my SB family there rooting each other on to bigger and better losses! :wink:

You know what I did today at the gym? I tried to lift up a 50lb weight. That is almost as much weight as I've lost. I could pick it up with 1 hand. I had to use 2. It is amazing how much extra burden we put on our bodies and we don't even really know it. That's why, when I first started out, I could only use the elliptical for about 5 minutes.

Congrats Fairybasslet! Will have to do that the next time I'm in a gym...

I stepped on the scales this morning, to be greeted with 150.4lbs!!

Not counting my chickens just yet, but boy - I'm nearly there! woohoo!

Back
Top Bottom