Thursday 7th December - Weighin!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, my goal is just to maintain thru the holidays, and thats working so far. Im down like half a pound this week, so thats something... as long as it doesnt go the other way, I dont care. :D

I am soo excited...stepped on the scale and it is 3 lbs less than last week!! <happy dance>

SO, that puts me at about 12 lbs since the last week of October...yippee!!!

Hubby made his world class amzing butter cookies with homemade buttercream frosting last weekend. It was a truly evil conconction...and my willpower stayed strong, a I only ate about 10 of them all week (there were about 7 dozen). I just kept inviting all the kids' friends over and feeding them milk and cookies until they were gone!

I so don't get it. He complains about my weight, then makes my favorite cookies when he knows I've been watching my food intake and exercising as much as the backwill allow me. What is it with men, er...husbands?

I'm going the wrong way! It says I'm up 3# which is funny since I've eaten less or equal to the same over the last few weeks. Flipside is I've been working out with dive gear at home and at the shop (why buy gym equipment when I've got real life stuff at home, right?)..

It's the speedo, Carlos. It is holding the bioprene in and cannot be released! :rofl3:

CBulla:
I'm going the wrong way! It says I'm up 3# which is funny since I've eaten less or equal to the same over the last few weeks. Flipside is I've been working out with dive gear at home and at the shop (why buy gym equipment when I've got real life stuff at home, right?)..

Colin, It could just be muscle gain...which is leaner than fat, but a lot heavier. Give it time...

lets not forget Colin is with child so im sure its sympathetic fluid retention also :D

seriously... great going at making a difference!! you will be rewarded so keep with it and DONT GIVE UP!!!

WOOOHOOOO to all of us for making a difference!!!!! lets all KEEP GOING!

I'm not giving up.. far from it.. I did add "Wide Load" tags to all my pants this week just to make sure folks are aware that my girth is more than it appears. I stopped by the truck weigh scale today just to get an accurate reading... That scale showed up with "Err" so we enlisted an engineer from NASA and with some measurements and trigonometry we've determined that I've got the mass of about 2 tablespoons of blackhole (lookit up, its heavy). I took off in a hurry last night... it took me two trips to haul ***....

OK.. its not that bad. I'm on a game plan right now. More or less I'm happy that my weight has been relatively stable. I have been working more on controlling my blood sugar with diet and slowly changing out what is actually in my diet FIRST.. by doing that and eliminating some foods from my diet that my body really isnt metabolizing correctly to begin with, and the help of a Glucose Optimizer from Jarrow Formulas, I've at least stabilized a how my body addresses sugar and can honestly say I do notice a huge difference, especially if I deviate from the times I eat during the day.

I know that I wont have a significant weight loss until I start cycling again though. Thats how I managed it before and when I'm not cycling I'm lucky to lose any weight at all. :)

Oh.. interesting point to, I've put on weight with every pregnancy totally with my wife. :D

Thank you all for the support and encouragement though, I keep looking at the forum so it keeps it on my mind. :)

CBulla:
.....Oh.. interesting point to, I've put on weight with every pregnancy totally with my wife. :D

Thank you all for the support and encouragement though, I keep looking at the forum so it keeps it on my mind. :)

Hey Colin, That is so cool that you put on weight with your wife. My husband lost weight each time I was pregnant...and kept it off, while I gained almost twice what I was suppossed to and kept most of it after the babes were born. Soo not fair....:(

Keep it up. I know that if I really want to lose weight, I am going to have to start aerobics, as that is the only thing that truely worked in the past for me. Unfortunately, my drs say not yet...But SOON!!! I just keep working towards the goal....:10:

Back
Top Bottom