Tiger Beach Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The irony of all this is that there is a magazine in the lounge of the Bahamas Master that says on the front cover: Scuba Diver presents your 2023 Dive Travel Bible, Ultimate divers guide, 40 Dives To Do Before You Die. One of the dives listed in this "Bible" is Tiger Beach and it says: "Who to dive with" and the only dive operator listed is "Master Liveaboards".

Now you know that is not correct.

Because the boat cancelled diving after the first dive on 12th December and returned to port without any plans for further diving due to adverse weather conditions.
Cancellation due to weather seems valid to me. Here is the current NOAA prediction for Palm Beach

1702589201335.png

I'm sorry to hear that your trip is cancelled while on the trip. Good luck trying to get compensated or refunded. Master Liveaboards/Siren Fleet/Blue-O-Two have had a long list of troubles, including bankruptcy and restructuring in their U.K. company, collisions, fires, diver death, and from my personal experience in 2020, trying to keep $7400 of my money in 2020 for the trips they cancelled. I eventually got my money back through the credit card dispute process.

This isn't bad luck...it's a pattern of bad business practices.

In my case, Master Liveaboards gave me more than fair deal with the help of my travel agent, Tim Yeo of Bluewater Dive Travel. Back in November 2019 Tim offered me a Black Friday 50% deal for a 10-day trip to French Polynesia on French Polynesia Master (FPM) that was worth $6500 for $3250. I took the offer and set the trip for May 2020. By May 2020, the trip didn't happen due to Covid and the aftermath of this accident, French Polynesian Master ran aground . I waited for 2 years to see if FPM return to operation and gave up waiting. I asked Tim what's plan B? He said that I can get replacement trip on any Master/Siren fleets. The next best trip obviously to Galapagos on Galapagos Master, but their trips to Galapagos were only for 1 week, even though it costed the same as the FPM trip. Tim managed to get FPM trip replacement with two back-to-back week trips to Galapagos on Galapagos Master that worth twice of FPM trip.

Recently, I was planning to return to Galapagos with a couple friends for Christmas & New Year trip on Galapagos Master, booked through @aquabluegreg of Liquid Diving Adventures, but few months later we were informed that the local authorities had closed Cabo Douglas & Punta Vincente Roca due to avian flu found there. So, we asked the Master Liveaboard if we can reschedule the trip to later time when they re-open the area and they approved our request. This approval happen at DEMA, last month. So, we scrambled in trying to find replacement for that trip and found two week back-to-back trips on Maldives Aggressor & Horizon 3 in Maldives. We'll be flying to Male tomorrow.

So, The Master Liveaboard treat us fair in our cases. One key point here is to have your travel agent to help you get what is fair.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom