Time for Nikon Forum?

Should we add a Nikon Forum in the Photo Section?

• Yes. Its hard to sift through the ditritus here to find the rare Nikon topic.

Votes: 25 86.2%
  • I dunno - there's really not enough Nikon people here. Lets dive.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • No way, Man - too many Forums and Rooms on ScubaBoard already. Lets dive.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Whaaa. Canon People got one.

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was thinking along the lines of dSLR, too. I think the most popular are Fuji, Nikon and Canon for that but perhaps there should just be a single dSLR forum or it will be really hard for people interested to get comparative information.

If there are enough Nikon users, then I do think a Nikon forum would be great.

I vote yes for a nikon forum, be it both film, digital or both.........I love my Nikon and Fantasea housing.

Well i shoot a Fuji DSLR now so Fuji and or Nikon would be great!! you have my vote

not nesserily (sp? Apologies). alothough film is more that welcome. The nikon DLSR (or associated) user base is growing all the time, so i'm sure it makes sense to make a nikon group (even if poor chris has goosed his gear!!)

I know that there are many Nik digicams being used as well; but trying to include Nikonos, "Coolpix XXXX", D70, Fuji S2, (and who knows, somebody will probably be housing the D2x soon) would be complicated. If it were me I'd have a seperate forum for the Nikonos, one for the "Coolpix" digicams and one for housed SLR's with 2 subforums,film and digital. But then the Konica Minolta fans will be complaining :~) !

How did Canon get their section but Nikon still doesn't have one!!!

Discrimination!!!!

:wink:

so many of us have D70 or D100, it would be great to have our own section!

I'll join right after I get a D2X....if I can really afford it is the question and then how good will the 'dynamic range' be in an underwater environment?

Dive Safe,
Caymanaic

How many votes needed to bring the Nikon forum alive??

chippy:
not nesserily (sp? Apologies). alothough film is more that welcome. The nikon DLSR (or associated) user base is growing all the time, so i'm sure it makes sense to make a nikon group (even if poor chris has goosed his gear!!)

Will have another S2 and lens waiting on Tokyo. Honestly I would have gone with a D-70 if I could have put my hands on an Aquatica housing fast enough.

I have been shooting with the Nikonos the last two days. managed to burn through a roll of Provia on a turtle full frame with a 20 mm, in one sequance while swimming alongside it. I would have locked up the cache on the digi and missed 1/2 the shots! wont know exactly what I got for days though!

anyway, the Nikonos still lives! still have a bunch of em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom