Time to dump the Dacor, and what to replace it with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note that it only comes in a DIN configuration.

Simple solution. These can be bought for about $35-$50 bucks and convert any reg from DIN to yoke tanks. (I'm pretty sure you already know this. but posting for others who are reading)

images

There's supposed to be a HOG yoke regulator coming out very soon now - I believe it will be called the Edge?.

The EDGE or Edge Epic (or something like that) had been out for a while (several years). I only know one person who has it and he really liked it.

Several online dealers service the regs they sell if you send them back to them. Shipping a reg UPS or FEDEX is not expensive and will only add a few more days without the reg. Dont limit yourself to what your LDS sells, get what you want.

I agree that you should get what you want. I purchased my first set from scuba toys when I was stationed on Guam. I loved the gear but had issues with having to ship it back and forth. If you buy online, find a reputable dealer. I can personally vouch for Scubatoys. Also consider how much diving you will do. If you re going to go every weekend, then it will be more beneficial to get it local. If you are doing couple of dives every 6 month then you can afford to send your ger off for a week or two and not miss out.

Simple solution. These can be bought for about $35-$50 bucks and convert any reg from DIN to yoke tanks.

That is not really a solution IMO, maybe a temporary work-around. Its an adapter, does not 'convert' the reg to yoke, just allows you to attach a DIN reg to a yoke tank. It puts the 1st stage about 1-1 1/2 " off the tank, making it more likely to hit the back of your head, depending on your gear configuration. This has been debated ad nauseum lately.

If you already own DIN regs and need to use them on a yoke tank, fine. But it's pointless to buy a DIN reg specifically for use on yoke tanks, when there are many excellent yoke reg options available.

I may just out source regulator service to someplace like REG-TECH in Chicago during the winter. It looks like they service all of the major brands, including my existing equipment. Good to know about the DIN/yoke issue, as I have a yoke tank.

Has anyone here used or heard of "REG-TECH"? What reputation do they have?

I suspect that the yoke and yoke retainer for the Edge can be installed on the HOG for a semi-permanent conversion to yoke.

There is an official kit coming out to convert the HOG to Yoke. Should be available in a few weeks. The new Edge regs will also be in shortly. There are some serious good deals to be had on these. Including a titanium for those who want light weight and are not using high O2 mixes. MAP price 699.99 or the next generation Epic for 349 and Exp for 240.00. Finally an unbalanced piston first, second, and octo for 170 bucks complete. Oh the titanium version of the same reg 1st, 2nd, and octo - 500.00.
I sell and service HOG and Edge. And kits are available for sale if you want to use your own local tech. Or if you have a tech cert (required for now) take the class to service em yourself.

Back
Top Bottom