Time to upgrade to a BP and Wing.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving a Halcyon SS plate w/ Eclipse 40lb wing for the past year and absolutely love the rig. Went with the 40lb because I dive PST 120 and 100 lb tanks routinely. IMHO - all of the wings and backplates on the market are solid - especially Halcyon, OMS, and Dive-Rite. Buy what you can afford and you will not regret the decision to move to BP/W with any of the above choices. I will echo a previous post - single wings are for single tanks and double wings are for double tanks and there is no in between - no matter what the sales people tell you. For doubles I own the Halcyon Explorer Wing...

VinceDS:
I have been diving a Halcyon SS plate w/ Eclipse 40lb wing for the past year and absolutely love the rig. Went with the 40lb because I dive PST 120 and 100 lb tanks routinely. IMHO - all of the wings and backplates on the market are solid - especially Halcyon, OMS, and Dive-Rite. Buy what you can afford and you will not regret the decision to move to BP/W with any of the above choices. I will echo a previous post - single wings are for single tanks and double wings are for double tanks and there is no in between - no matter what the sales people tell you. For doubles I own the Halcyon Explorer Wing...

and how do you like the Explorer doubles rig?

cbsaw:
and how do you like the Explorer doubles rig?
I've been diving one for the past couple of months and like it just fine... I have nothing to compare it to though of course.

I'll throw in another plug for the Halcyon Eclipse.

Oh, and I'm not DIR, but I am a sympathizer. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom