Tioman Eco Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bakpakka,

Your term "let's go diving" is commonly uttered in our group. I noticed that you are in M'sia. Care to identify yourself (hints/clues)???

Back to the question,

Did dive with Jeff and michelle (tioman eco divers) last august, they were professional and friendly. I like the resort that we stayed in right beside their dive shop; clean, affordable and close in proximity.

Also dive regularly with Steffen Sea Sports (Perhentian), with Sebastian, Damjan, Stanley and Mateja. They have been known to have a couple of unhappy divers due to their laid back attitute at times, but I just love being there. The people are friendly and yet remain professional. Everytime i go up, i contact them for my diving.

And I have no problems with people takiing up the AOW immediately after OWC, but I also usually advise divers who just complete their OWC to take their time and always be in a learning phase be it taking their AOW or leisure dives. In fact, I am still learning. :)

yen once bubbled...
Has anyone dive with Tioman Eco Divers before?
Thinking of taking my AOW with them. Instructor will be either Michelle or Jeff, each with 3 years of experience, and has taught in Thailand and Bali and now Tioman.

Thanks in advance for any information! :)
Greatly appreciate it.

Hi there,
I dived with Michelle only recently about a month ago, I found her to be very helpful and fun.

We were mainly using her boats and crew but not really her as a DM. We stayed at the Monete Chalets just next to Eco and we had a good time.

The speed boats are rather small but for the night dive they borrowed a larger boat which was better.

=-)

Hi,

I just came back from Tioman and had been diving with Jef and Michelle. They are great! We have stayed in Berjaya Tioman Resort and they have their own dive shop but we didn't feel very comfortable with the dive manager so we went around looking and we found Eco Divers.

We are very happy with them. Very friendly and we had a good time diving with Eco-Divers. So yes I can recommend them.

Although why would you like now to get your AOW? I have only OW and made over 50 dives but I have no wish to get my AOW. I have done deep dive and multilevel dive with my OW. I think experience counts.

Jeff and Michelle are great.
I dived once with them but my friends have gone back to EcoDivers 3 - 4 times.
Michelle was especially good with beginners. I didn't get any of the nonsensical attitudes that I have received from other dive instructors in the past e.g. impatience, money-mindedness, arrogance etc.

My wife and I lacked confidence to carry on diving but after doing some dives with Michelle, we have gone on to do Sipadan with no problems. We are still Open Water by the way.

wk

Michelle was cool, she was interseted in my long hose and enjoyed checking out my BC (new Halcyon rig).

Only issue speedboats - way to small.

Apart from that cool fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom