Tip tp dry inside boots / legs of flooded *dry suit"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cave diver: Cannot turn welded rubber boots inside out. Am trying paper for now.

Otherwise always hang it upside down on special hanger.

cave diver: Cannot turn welded rubber boots inside out. Am trying paper for now.

Otherwise always hang it upside down on special hanger.

You can't turn them completely inside out like you can with neoprene socks, but one of my buddies has welded boots and with a little effort he can turn inside out enough to dry them.

If you look in some of the mail order magazines for riders you will find boot dryers. They dry at a fairly low heat.
The kitty litter that clumps is probaly more absorbent than the traditional clay or the alfalfa pellets.
For my horse's bedding, we use rice hulls and they are sper absorbent. Might try checking a tack store. Peat moss is, too.

i have found extremely successful outcomes with a "hangair" ...

Dive Right In Scuba

i sweat on many dives and have found great success with my undergarments wicking abilities, so the inside of my suit is always moist at the end of the day ... so i use the hangair religiously... and for any skeptics, i still get over 100 dives out of the seals ... just my opinions based on my own usage

I have had pretty good luck with turning the suit as inside out as reasonable, and putting it on the floor with a 20" box fan blowing into it.

Peet's boot dryers work, too.

Go to Walmart, HD, Lowes, etc., and get a very small wet/dry vaccum (usually $20 - $30). Actually, the smaller the better. Plug the 1" to 1.5" diameter corrugated hose in the exhaust port so that it blows air when you turn it on, and run the hose up the leg so that it blows on the inside of the boot. Leave on for 30 min and do the other leg. I've been using for drying drysuit boots, counter lungs, etc., for years. BTW, you don't use the vac for anything but drying stuff, because once the inside of the canister gets dirty, well...

I made this from some PCV to dry my Black Ice drysuit.

DrySuitRack2.jpg

I have since bought a shopvac to hookup to the bottom....

DrysuitRack1.jpg

I made this from some PCV to dry my Black Ice drysuit.

DrySuitRack2.jpg

I have since bought a shopvac to hookup to the bottom....

DrysuitRack1.jpg

VERY cool!!

Thanks for posting these pictures! I just built one of these this week. I used the fan from an X-mas inflatable lawn ornament. It worked really well. So far, I have used it for my neoprene drysuit, and my wetsuit boots. For both, I hung them up to let the bulk of the water drip out, then I put them on the dryer, and in each case, the inside dried in about an hour.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom