Tips for a 1st trip to Bangka? Any must see dive sites?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Terima kasih everyone for all the details! I will be trying to get to all of these sites, including Batu Penida (may leave the camera in the boat for that one though).

Ahhh the elusive hairy octopus. I still haven't seen one, despite 3 previous trips to Lembeh. Still on the list, just like dugongs.

Wingy that's great info on snacks. I booked my jetlag adjustment time in Bali, so I may just pack stuff from here, including my favourite, mangosteins.

Searcaigh if you're staying at LR again, I may run into you again there.

AlMitch, great to know about the Lembeh sea dragons. Those tricky little pieces of string I was lucky to see in Lembeh earlier, but I didn't actually know they existed outside of the strait.

Jake11 I'm glad to hear there's a pier night dive (love piers, love macro night dives). I was hoping there were going to be some good night diving sites - haven't seen much mention of night dives in past Bangka posts.

Luko I am not sure I will be as lucky as you to have an entire boat to myself. However after all I have read on the board about Bangka I am excited to be able to see it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings from Murex Resorts,

I realize this thread is over, however, for future reference we wanted to let you know. Murex Bangka has recently launched a brand new, purpose built, dive boat and we are currently building a second one (scheduled to be completed in November 2014). We have also recently, finished 2 modern duplex style oceanfront bungalows, available with or without adjoining rooms. They each feature open-air bathrooms with private entrance (to allow you to walk directly into the bathroom if your feet are covered in sand from our private white sand beach). That's a total of 4 new oceanfront rooms!

We hope in the future, wherever you decide to stay, you have a fabulous time diving around Bangka, it's a magical place. We love it and hope you do to.

Hope to sea you soon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom