For Sale "Titanium" backplate and STA from AliExpress, $50

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why are you not diving it? 🤔

Any aluminum back plate will be at least a pound lighter than that thing.

Brand new, never used, titanium backplate and single tank adapter for sale. I recently purchased it from AliExpress from a store called "inwater is calling". If you search AliExpress for "titanium backplate", you will find many stores selling these items.

Backplate weight is 1240 grams (2.73 lbs)
STA weight is 195 grams (0.43 lbs)

Backplate was $129.27
STA was $42.37
My shipping cost from Asia was $56.75
My total was $238.16

All yours for $135. Buyer pays shipping from California and any fees from PayPal, etc.

I saw the titanium backplates on Aliexpress. How is the quality on these things?

Did you ever sell it? I'm going to be in San Jose around Easter, so could look at it that weekend and pay with cash if you still have it, so no PayPal or shipping

I saw the titanium backplates on Aliexpress. How is the quality on these things?

Did you ever sell it? I'm going to be in San Jose around Easter, so could look at it that weekend and pay with cash if you still have it, so no PayPal or shipping

I would not call it high quality. If you want a titanium backplate because you want something light, then get one from Helium Dive.

If you want a titanium alloy backplate because you like the color, then this one might be interesting to you.

DM me if you want to take a look when you visit NorCal.

... I would not call it low quality either. It's just piece of metal. Call it an average quality backplate.

... I would not call it low quality either. It's just piece of metal. Call it an average quality backplate.
Is it Calloway grade real titanium or Golfsmith grade aluminum with a bit of titanium?

Is it Calloway grade real titanium or Golfsmith grade aluminum with a bit of titanium?

It's either some kind of titanium alloy or perhaps it's titanium-coated steel. I don't really know. Take a look at other posts in this thread for more info.

Don't buy this backplate if you want something lightweight. Buy it for the color.

I know this post is a bit old but are the items still for sale?

I actually forgot about this post, but sure, I can still sell it.

This past year, I've found the weight of this backplate to be useful. It's in between my true titanium backplate and a couple of steel backplates I have. So if this weight is interesting to someone, it could be a good purchase.

The color has altered after a few dips in the ocean. If you're buying it for the aesthetics, let me know and I'll post updated pictures.

Back
Top Bottom