Tl Wed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

colt:
Anyone want to go to TL on Wed afternoon evening?
Colt, my office moved from Stafford, to up by Willowbrook mall. That makes it an extra hour away from TL. I might be able to get out to do a weekday dive latter on in the year when my work lets up a little.

I will join you guys one of these Wed. evenings for a few dips either at TL or Travis before the summer is up!!

Cool, just let me know when you guys want to go. We need to start a weekley wed evening dive, that would be great.:D

I'll be at TL next Wed. (7/19) with a new diver. I don't know how late in the evening we'll be though, planning more for the middle of the day.

OK, I have to ask. What is TL?

my husband calls it Twin Ditches. chuckle chuckle. someone's gonna have to convince me to dive there again someday. we did our certification dives there 2 1/2 yrs. ago........in FEBRUARY!!!! nuts, i'm tellin ya, nuts!! we had a newbie instructor (although an experienced diver....older guy) we were his first class, and i don't think he had much cold water experience. we were wearing 6 mil suits, hoods, the whole nine......and he had us grossly overweighted as it turns out. dive number one........ students go plummeting, lose their buddies, no one makes platform.........bad situation. water temp was 55 degrees.....vis was like 3-4feet. i was quite proud of myself for not panicking after plummeting like that. his cohort came down after me and guided me back up. could not tell visually i was plummeting.......couldn't see anything vis was so bad........but my ears told me! anyway , after a few more problems at the surface, he scrubbed the day, so that meant two more days in the 55 degree twin ditches. anyway, i survived and i felt like i had accomplished something because of the conditions, etc. SO...........husband has absolutely no desire to stick a big toe in there again.......chuckle, chuckle.......but i might give it a whirl if ya tell me there's actually something to see, there is actually visibility sometime and ya have a cookout and visit, etc.

Back
Top Bottom