To see ourselves as others see us...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think they went a little easy on the description of the French diver, to be honest. I can't imagine why. :-D I can post it here if anyone is interested.

National stereotypes are tough - especially with a country as big as the USA. I have heard it said "British divers are good divers" by which people mean "anyone who is fool enough to dive in freezing, dark, green waters with vicious tides is a serious hard core fanatic." But you could probably say the same about divers from Maine.

One easy stereotype is the Russian diver. Easily identifiable by the fact that they are on a slab with a tag on their toe.

National stereotypes are tough - especially with a country as big as the USA. I have heard it said "British divers are good divers" by which people mean "anyone who is fool enough to dive in freezing, dark, green waters with vicious tides is a serious hard core fanatic." But you could probably say the same about divers from Maine.

Tends to be the stereotype with divers from the PNW as well. Not always the case, but those who dive regularly tend to get competent enough to find most tropical diving easy by comparison ... as long as we don't have to deal with waves ... :fear:

One easy stereotype is the Russian diver. Easily identifiable by the fact that they are on a slab with a tag on their toe.
... or the Chinese diver, identifiable by the fact that they're crawling on their hands and knees over whatever gets in their way ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I believe the last one got his legs bit off by a croc, so no toes. Good try but no cigar.

The self service fill station in the Ft. White area is great as well as the one in the Marianna area! Those are the only 2 I've seen.

National Stereotypes?

I'm the guy on the right of the new kid...

British diver:

Swinging Amerikanski diver:

Swedish Girls Dive Team:

SubAquaticus NorthAmericanum PatchCollectorite:

PADI Diver:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom