Tobermory Water Temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

octgal:
reviving this thread. Anyone know the current temp of toby. I plan on diving this weekend and next week. I won't be going to 150 or anything just staying above 60. Anyone know the depth of the thermocline at certain sites?
thanks

Wendy, the temps up in Toby never really fluctuate that much. Throughout the year it will be in the 6-10oC range at depth (warms up a bit towards the end of the year). As of last week, the temps at the Lighthouse were 15oC at the surface and 12oC at the "bottom".

The thermoclines start at the 9-12m range and then again at the 20-21m range. Enjoy your week up there. :D

Folks, it doesn't matter to me, I haven't been to Toby in 3 years. You ask why? It's too damn cold there. No matter the time of year, when the temp is in the low 40s based on my not so bright calculations at times:confused: it still means cold.

Enjoy the dive and the vis is usually good.

JAK

Safe Diving

By the way, does anyone know if there are any wrecks or wall diving north of Point a Baril right up to Collins Inlet? I'm out of Britt and wouldn't mind checking things out if there is something to check:D

JAK

Safe Diving!

JAK:
It's too damn cold there. No matter the time of year, when the temp is in the low 40s based on my not so bright calculations at times:confused: it still means cold.
Ah you big baby! The water is baumy! You just need to dress properly... Besides, how many towns can you walk down the main street of town in dive gear and nobody even bats an eye!

As of last weekend, the surface temp was 62F. I took a ride past the Caves and all kinds of folks were swimming and jumping off the cliffs there. The bottom of the Forest City was up to a sweltering 42. I almost took my hood and gloves off! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom