Today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
... can't wait to hear about your dive tomorrow ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Your name doesn't happen to be Nathan Poe by any chance?

"Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook." I kinda like that one...

.Maybe I should have left the head cam rolling for the entire ascent?

The old school solution is you ascend at the rate of the smallest bubble. This was a solution for your depth gauge failing, we did not have computers back then and I do not use one now. You people are far too dependent on something that can stop working at any time and do not retain the skills needed operate without one should it fail.

Who is this "you people" you speak of? I know lots of divers who aren't using dive computers ... some of them are fresh out of OW class ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

The "you people" I am referring to is the majority of divers using computers. For every diver not using one there must be a 1000 who are.

I often dive with no gauges other than an SPG but they are very conservative dives I have done before. What I really do not understand is a serious diver who does not have a back-up computer/timer in his save-a-dive kit.

I often dive with no gauges other than an SPG but they are very conservative dives I have done before. What I really do not understand is a serious diver who does not have a back-up computer/timer in his save-a-dive kit.

I do the same thing on shallow water shore dives in areas I know well. If I were going to use a computer I would also be using a watch and depth gauge to back that up.

What I really do not understand is a serious diver who does not have a back-up computer/timer in his save-a-dive kit.

Yup, I have 2 computers......and I wear them both when diving.
I also have an SPG even though my one computer is air integrated ...with the technology we have available today, I dont understand why anyone would dive without a computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom