Today's dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Calscubagirl arrived safe and sound on Maui, and today we were able to get a dive in at old airport beach. We planned on a 60 minute dive, since we were hitting the water at 2:15 and I needed to be at work at 4. We get in and ride the current up north for about 45 minutes, just enjoying the natural "escalator." It must have been low tide as we never got past 25ft even at the second reef, which is fine as I like shallow dives since they give me more bottom time. We turned and it appeared we were going to get 90 minutes in. She spotted a large octopus, which promptly headed into his hole - probably a 4-5 pounder - beautiful specimin. At 75 minutes I glanced at my watch and saw 3:33 pm - Oh no, I had forgotten about work! oops... I signalled up and we swam quickly into shore - In a harried rush I grabbed gear and drove home, swapped the wetsuit for slacks and an aloha shirt, then with a mask ring still around my face and salt crystals in my hair I drove the 3 blocks to my work place, arriving at 4:01 ... whew. Only 1 minute late! As I rushed into the shop, Chuck (the guy I was relieving) looks at me and says "why are you so early?" ... turns out I didn't need to be there till 5pm ... oh well at least I wasn't late :wink:

Calscubagirl - it was nice diving with ya' today, hope we get another chance for a less hurried dive on Sunday :D

Aloha, Tim

ok, you're making me really jealous... having a great dive then being able to make it to work less than half an hour later.. in an aloha shirt... and I'm with ya on the long leisurely shallow dives... sounds good to me :) ...33 days and counting!! (Am I driving you crazy yet? lol)

kidspot:
.....then with a mask ring still around my face and salt crystals in my hair I drove the 3 blocks to my work place, arriving at 4:01 ... whew. Only 1 minute late! As I rushed into the shop, Chuck (the guy I was relieving) looks at me and says "why are you so early?" ... turns out I didn't need to be there till 5pm ... oh well at least I wasn't late :wink:
Aloha, Tim

You're having way too much fun....

kidspot:
I agree... but that's the price we pay for living in paradise right? :wink:

Yep. It sucks to be us, but somebody's gotta do it....:D

Wow! What a trip! I just got home and everyone is sleeping, lol. I'm still on HI time so I'm not quite ready for bed yet. I think I just left summer and came into a cool fall evening here in So. Cali I guess it's getting close to putting my flip flops in the closet and bring out the "slippah's."

Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do on scubaboard. I'll try to get some kind of a trip report together soon. I had some experiences in scuba I've never experienced before and I can't wait to tell some stories. All good! They were all learning, fun, somewhat weird and wild experiences.

Ever had a cleaner shrimp in your mouth cleaning your teeth before? :wink: They even clean the cuticles of your fingers, lol. Way cool!

Great diving with you the other day Tim! I wish I could have made it out with you again but, I was so darn busy. I did end up doing a scooter dive on Sunday. I also promised my friend I wouldn't dive anymore after the scooter dive. She was getting bored sitting on the beach, waiting for me to quit blowing bubbles.

So I'm now back to reality and time to get working on some projects like putting my diving video together.

Aloha!

Lori

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom