Too soon to dive a wreck...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvoodoo83:
wow thats cool it woud be asom to see the ship floting watch it sink and dive it. id be first in line if i didnt live in colorado and if i wasnt still in school
A BBC reporter has been down today and filmed Scylla - visibility didn't look too bad, even on the bridge. Hopefully they will soon get the webcams fitted so you can virtually dive her even from Colorado 8^)

There's an ad. in his months Sports Diver to Dive Scylla:

www.scylla-reef.co.uk

Cheers,

K.

The wreck is open for diving from Tuesday - the original 1700 sunday time was cancelled as air pockets were found inside the wreck so it wasnt classed as safe until that.

As far as i know its landed upright.

Still cant decide whether i like the idea of an artificial reef which is "sterilised" inside when we had 10,000+ wrecks along the coast anyway.

Admittedly some are nothing more than scattered plates however we do have a lot that you can explore inside and out that are "real" as opposed to "deliberate".

In either case i get to find out April 16th/17th. A trip book months before we'd heard of the thing turns out to be to a dive business 30 mins boat trip away and we found out that is one of the dives we'll be doing that weekend.

The BBC news reporter with his FFM was there tonight and i must say the viisibility looked good - maybe 6-8m which is far better than the 3m max around here at the moment. Water temperature is roughly 8c / 46f.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom