Top Galapagos site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moose016

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I will be heading to the Galapagos in about 2 weeks and very unfortunately only get to dive one day. I am planning to go out with dive iguana and was wondering if one sight is largely regarded as better than another. Right now I'm leaning towards going Mon to the Floreana sight, but if another one of these is a can't miss I can probably switch to that. Anyone who is experienced with these sites who can chime in I would appreciate it.

Thanks

IGUANA BOAT
MONDAY: Floreana
TUESDAY: Gordon
WEDNESDAY: Seymour (the channel)
THURSDAY: Cousin / Bartolome
FRIDAY: Mosquera (South)
SATURDAY: Beagle / Daphne
SUNDAY: Seymour (the channel) / Gordon

galapagos_boat1.jpg
El GALÁPAGO BOAT
MONDAY: Gordon
TUESDAY: Cousin /Bartolome
WEDNESDAY: Mosquera (North)
THURSDAY: Beagle / Daphne
FRIDAY: Seymour (the point)
SATURDAY: Daphne / Gordon
SUNDAY: Floreana

Just came back for 7 days of diving with them. Seymour and cousins was my favorite sites but Gordon had the school of hammerheads. Although you will see a hammerhead on every dive as well.

Thanks very much, that is good info. Has anyone been diving with eagle ray tours?

I like Alvaro at Eagle Ray. They charge a little less than Scuba Iguana, use a boat with a permit so are legal and Alvaro is fun as a guide. It's not his job...well it is, but he loves his job and it shows. He goes places others might not. Scuba Iguana are more professional in terms of operations. Alvaro is a bit more relaxed, but that doesn't mean less safe. That is assuming Alvaro is your dive guide. I'd confirm that he is.

To answer the original question...I really like Floreana, but if it's hammerheads you're after, go for Gordon Rocks. I'd skip Bartolome as the diving there is so-so, but you might be able to snorkel with penguins. Daphne can be fun with pelagics and a good ride on the current and I personally have always preferred Mosquera over N. Seymour. Cousins is nice, but a long way out for a day dive. Not that Floreana isn't...it's roughly 2 hours by boat each way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom