Top Womens BCD?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I love the ScubaPro Lady Hawk.

My wife also has the ladyhawk and loves how it perform and fits. I think she tried three different bc's before she bought the ladyhawk. Very high quality and it still looks like new after probably 200 dives.

Curious - is it just the "i3" feature you not a fan of? If so, can I ask why?

The reason I'm asking is that the pearl is one bcd that I been considering. I've used one with the i3 briefly in a pool during a bc demo at LDS but would love to hear feedback from someone who's used it more extensively...

Curious - is it just the "i3" feature you not a fan of? If so, can I ask why?

The reason I'm asking is that the pearl is one bcd that I been considering. I've used one with the i3 briefly in a pool during a bc demo at LDS but would love to hear feedback from someone who's used it more extensively...

It's not that I hate the Pearl as a BCD. I actually really like the fit and its a nice BCD. It doesn't have very big pockets and the i3 feature takes away one of the pockets on the side which bothers me. Also, if you go out on dive boats or liveaboards and ride on pangas, many times people hit the i3 feature and inflate the BCD without you knowing and it wastes precious bottom time because of the wasted air! Also you can bump up against things underwater and it inflates. Not the best location for the inflator in my opinion. I also don't feel like it ever fully deflates completely. I am not getting rid of my BCD just getting a new one.

Thanks for information - I'll be sure to keep it in mind as I consider my options.

My wife has Mares Kaila and Sherwood Luna. Haven't had a chance to try them out in the water but Mares Kaila looks better than the Luna.

Should consider these 2 models too~

Back
Top Bottom