torpedo ray shocks dive buddy 10/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

California Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
yeap thats right, torpedo ray shocked my dive buddy at 150 ft tonight, craziness

Well, you certainly don't suffer from being long winded. How about an amusing little antidote about how it happened, what he did etc? Is he ok? Did he get mild tingling shock or melt your fillings shocked and your level of amusement or concern or both?

were cruising along and see a rather large free swimming ray, he starts playing with the ray and it repetedly zapped himn on the head, he said he could feel it real bad in his teeth. the thing wouldnt leave him alone it kept attacking for about 3 minutes before it finally swam off. apparently it didnt shock him too bad, luckily.

That's so cool! Right after all the great stories on the recent torpedo ray thread too. Thanks for sharing. I really do want to SEE a torpedo ray. I'll leave the getting shocked part to you and your friends Cal Diver!

John

Ouch! Was it Paul?

Remember: no more playing with the electric fishies. :wink:

I'm only joking because I'm under the impression that he's just fine now.

Christian

no not paul, shane. he's fine, though was seemed surprised when the ray smoked him

California Diver:
no not paul, shane. he's fine, though was seemed surprised when the ray smoked him
I'll bet he was surprised!

I haven't seen anyone get shocked by a ray or an eel for a really long time. I knew a couple of people that used to get shocked pretty often. They wouldn't even do anything to provoke it and then out of nowhere - ZAP!

Christian

super opus:
that sucks but i woulder what it feels like

HaHa!.....I imagine it would be like sticking your tongue in an electrical outlet.:lightning :11:

Rick

super opus:
that sucks but i woulder what it feels like

If you get to see an electric ray, harass it and you'll find out too. :wink:

Thanks for sharing about the experience. I've seen several of these rays and I've wondered how hard the jolt would be. I'm glad your buddy is okay.

P.S. Don't let him bug the morays...I've heard their bites hurt!:D

Back
Top Bottom