Tortuga Gold--Wes Dermott

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

covediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Tortuga Gold tells the story of a search for Spanish gold by the members of Mayday Salvage and Rescue. Taz (billionaire entrepreneur turned adventurer), Sam (a refined brute, something of a master at arm much as James Bond was described in the original novel) and Pete, a young boat-yard-employee turned neophyte adventurer who replaces Gordie, a Key West marina operator found murdered after examining a single gold escudo of a long lost treasure and a plundered galleon. The novel unfolds quickly. This is not a diving story, although diving is involved. It is more of an action-adventure mystery as the members of Mayday pursue a trail of clue and miscues, in the effort to find the lost treasure trove. Along the way they deal with pirates, altered coastlines, in a search that takes them to North Carolina. One theme that I found intriguing was an expression used several times in the novel, "gold transfers through blood." I had never really thought of it in those concise terms, but recalling a National Geographic issue from 2011, Searching for Treasure, it is a phrase that is quite true. Tortuga Gold is an entertaining book that I would recommend for those who would like to search for gold and adventure or those who like to dream about it.

Available as a Nook Book from Barnes and Noble.

Back
Top Bottom