TOTAL back up with Oceanlog 2.x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicagofish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After much wrestling, I was able to back up MOST of my log data from one PC to another. I'm using the same software on both PCs, Oceanlog 2.x I have no problem locating the individual dive logs (i.e. each individual dive in its own file) but I had no luck importing the actual BAK file, which I assume would allow me to export/import the entire log.

When I imported the individual dives, they leave out any information that I entered myself on the old PC, big details like locations and notes. Only the dive stats remain.

Is there a way to export/import ALL the data from the old log in a way that I can import it on the new PC? I used "restore log" but that sent me on a circular route of apparently saving a new BAK but not actually opening that file in Oceanlog, at least not where I could see it.

If this can't be done, can anyone recommend software that allows you to keep and transfer ALL your dive log data?

Please??

I use Diving Log 5.0

I also use Microsoft 7 on both computers and set up 'Homegroup' such that each computer can read/write to each other. Since I have the same software running on both computers I just use file manager to drag and drop the appropriate files from one computer to the other. No Import/Export needed.

This may work with Oceanlog also, but I didn't like it compared to Diving Log 5.0

I like this option. Not sure if it would make a difference though, because I have no problem with locating the actual files, whether I export or simply save. It's getting files to reflect all the data.

I found the .DLG file. That's not the problem. The problem is that when I try to import the .DLG file into Oceanlog 2.x, it only brings the basic dive data, none of the stuff I entered by hand on the old PC...such as locations, notes and air usage.

Why import? Just open the log with the app as if it were created there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tried that, got an error. Didn't recognize the file as a dive log. Sigh. May be time to type in a lot of data...

Can anyone recommend any software that doesn't suck? That might recognize old .DLG files created with Oceanlog?

I did no say import the file, With the exception of the photo that is the database for all the information. You either did it wrong or damaged the file. If you load the original DLG file here it will work.

I wasn't importing it, I was trying to open it as an existing log.

We have to go by what your write and you are not making any sense. Call this number (800) 435-3483 an they will walk you through.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom