Tragic death while diving in Cozumel 12/8/14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, they discovered the issue upon autopsy.

Whenever I voice some concern to my doctor that I might have some presently undetected heart condition--a little paranoia, given that several close family relations have died from heart disease--he jokes wryly that it can be detected with an autopsy but that I'd probably rather not undergo that. I suppose his point is that there is a limit to what testing is practical, and to some extent we need to just put it out of our minds and get out there and enjoy living every day we were given.

How terribly sad...I am in tears myself reading John's Facebook post.

To John: My heart goes out to you. I know we do not know each other but I do know that you and Lindesy have what my wife, Danee and I have. I can imagine but don't want to, the devistation you are feeling at the loss of your wonderful wife and best friend. Take care John and know that Lindsey will be with you always.

Dave

Looking at his post, then the link to her page, it seems she used some app to make pre-written posts, with a new one an hour ago. That's a little creepy.

Terribly sad story, my heart goes out to everyone involved. :(

Wow! So incredibly sad!!!! My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family!!!

Seems like an awful way to start the week of ScubaFest. I couldn't find anything online, and am hoping I have heard incorrectly.

Eileen

My name is John McFadden. I just found out from a friend that this thread was asking about my wife Lindsey's death. I am busy right now making preparations for a Memorial for her here in Minneapolis tonight. Her funeral was in December and with all the other holiday things and the fact of how hard it was to get her back to the states and then for me to try and plan a funeral was impossible. Her mother took care of the funeral in her home town of Green Bay. Lindsey and I live in Minneapolis. Here is a link to the blog I started to help me move thru this grief. I hope you will visit , register and leave comments about your feelings there. She was the greatest gift and a remarkable woman I am so much richer having been loved by her.

This is the direct link to the entry I posted 48 hours after her passing on FaceBook: Our Final Moments | Lindsey McFadden

Thanks everyone who prays for your prayers for me I am still in shock

John

Speechless. Thank you so much John for sharing this with us. Looking at Lindsey's pictures and reading her story one word comes to mind 'Joy'. She sounded like an amazing woman. No words to express how sorry I am for your loss.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom