Training on the calendar! Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

<snip>
Apparently people are forgetting they were new divers once, not so long ago, and that they also did training dives and had little experience when moving into the caves at first. People said the same things about them, and they fought back and maybe proved people wrong over the years. I think this guy might too.
I don't think you understand why people are calling him out. They are saying he has very little experience with scuba at all prior to starting cave diving. Of course there is no way to gain cave diving experience without being in the caves, but they are questioning his foundation readiness if 90% of his dives are training dives with an instructor.

Very few people get into cave diving with such a low number of total dives. that is the difference others are criticizing over, not a "he is a new cave diver! He needs cave experience before he can cave dive" catch 22 type rule.

It's ok, I completely understand. I'm just pointing out I actually know of other divers that started with a very similar background and are still cave diving to this day. They dived early in their diving careers in a N Fl spring like Paradise or Blue Grotto or such like, got bit by the bug and took cavern/cave 1/intro early on and carried on from there.

If this guy is focused on cave diving, he's at least gone at things the right way. As another poster pointed out, he probably had very few bad habits to unlearn.

Give him a chance. Edd and Michal have certified him. I'm sure they knew his background too. They've certified him at intro, and I for one would be happy to do an intro level dive with him and help him build up his real world experience in the environment he is certified to dive in.

If the same guy had done full cave I might have a different opinion, but he's not, he's taken intro, which is totally suitable at his level of experience.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom