Transmitting Live from Nekton Pilot September 12th-19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there are some pics up and a few msgs....he did say it was a bit rough the first couple of days to do any uploading....looks like a great time....I wonder if they captured the lionfish

there are some pics up and a few msgs....he did say it was a bit rough the first couple of days to do any uploading....looks like a great time....I wonder if they captured the lionfish

When I was on the Nekton 2 weeks ago, they were "capturing" plenty on the end of pole spears.

I'm not a techie so I have no idea what goes into an endeavour like this, but I did appreciate what was posted. Good job on a first attempt. :)

My point wasn't throwing stones...but what happened to the interactive, blogging, video downloads, etc situation described in the original post. I don't know what posts you're referring to. I see 9 one liners and about 6 pictures. I can appreciate that there could be technological issues, but I see no mention of them here or on the site. I'm genuinely wondering whether I'm missing something because this doesn't seem to be anywhere near what they were trying to do yet no description why. Or maybe, they saw all that beautiful water and said "What computer?"

My point wasn't throwing stones...but what happened to the interactive, blogging, video downloads, etc situation described in the original post. I don't know what posts you're referring to. I see 9 one liners and about 6 pictures. I can appreciate that there could be technological issues, but I see no mention of them here or on the site. I'm genuinely wondering whether I'm missing something because this doesn't seem to be anywhere near what they were trying to do yet no description why. Or maybe, they saw all that beautiful water and said "What computer?"

I can tell you exaclty what went down, The rocking of the boat would kill the Video uploads mid stream... it would throw an IO error.

I had a 20 meg budget per day, and I would get a few meg transfered and the connection would die. and I would have to start over... so we stoped trying to transmit Video...

and I ran into the same problem with pictures... I had to transmit them 2-3 times before I got them up...

so we are uploading the video and I have a ton of pictures to post... in the comming days.

The other problem I faced was the sun deck was the only place to transmit and it was 100 degrees up there and the notebook was a Black Lenovo, it would get so hot it would shut down.

here is a photo from Curt Bowen, I hope this picture is enough to get you to check the site out again.

Attachments

• DSC_2847-1.jpg
    DSC_2847-1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 59
Nice Pic. Thanks for the attempt.

I uploaded about another 15 Photo's I am working on the Trip Video that the Crew Did for us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom