Transpac or Diverite BP/Wing for newbie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The TP II, if you take the time to adjust it properly, is a really nice setup. It is extremely comfortable. I do like the BP and wing better because it is very simple but the TP II is still nice. The guy that said it was uncomfortable obviously didn't take the time to fit it or he purchased the wrong

Yes. In the end I went with the TPII. I ordered it from Divers Discount. It was very comfortable out of the box, but a bit too loose. I tried to cinch up the shoulder straps, but with a tank on, it still seemed loose. I am right on the border of an S and a M/L and was ready to order an S to see if that fit any better. Called DD and was asked if I had moved the metal belt plates back. I hadn't (mine came without instructions though I later downloaded these from the net). Anyhow, with the plates moved back towards the bladder, the fit was much better and I kept the M/L w/o trying the S. In general, the adjustments were pretty easy IMO. The crotch strap, though it sounded quite uncomfortable in principle, helps keep things nice and snug. As per the instructions for single cylinder use, I tried it without the spine pad and it feels fine. I also got rid of the cumberbund and that feels fine as well and looks cleaner to me. In short, I love this BC although I have not yet dove with it. I love the modularity also - i.e., the option of moving/removing D-rings, etc. I agree that it is very comfortable.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom